What changes would you make to the starting lineup?

1 hour ago, CalmJimmers said:

BPF

Palmer

Gibson

Dunkley

Johnson

FDB

Bannan

Adeniran

Corbeanu

Kamberi

Berahino

Change it up for me. Appreciate that could cause a fair bit of disruption but the team deserves a rotation after last week imo.

I agree with the sentiment, but I din't think Iorfa should be dropped whatsoever.  🙃

• Like 1

Hopefully Adeniran is fit, if not I'd look at Dele Bashiru as we need energy in midfield. Would also start Corbeanu and Shodipo to.go out and attack.  

They've had plenty of rest recently and mostly play on Saturday with a full week to recover, we should be at it from the off, fast tempo and keeping that up for 90 minutes....or until we're a few goals up and can manage the game.

Despite the terrible performance I’d probably limit the changes to Adeniran (or Dele-Bashiru if Adenirans not fit) for Wing or Byers and Theo for Sow. 

The main focus should be on the movement of the ball to the midfield and then to the wide forwards. This has to be done faster and with more accuracy or the result against Plymouth won’t be a one off!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

But the hammering by Plymouth was more down to tactics than personnel.

Yes and no, sure the inane passing around the back for the sake of it when the midfielders/fullbacks aren't giving angles and free players to pass to certainly didn't help, but the midfield 3 of Bannan/Byers/Wing is fundamentally flawed due to a lack of strength/energy, it's three very similar players in style, need a DM type player not 2 CMs and an AM.

• Like 1

It doesn't much matter who you play in each position. If the opposition press our back line as we play it out we will ship goals.

I'm not advocating route 1 but we do need to mix it up. Our predictability invites the press. Vary the system in the early stages and see what works in each game.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, prowl said:

It doesn't much matter who you play in each position. If the opposition press our back line as we play it out we will ship goals.

Not disagreeing with your point necessarily but did any of their goals come from them pressing our backline? First was keeper error, second I've already blacked out so no idea how they scored and third was a break after we pushed everyone forward to pull one back...

24 minutes ago, prowl said:

I'm not advocating route 1 but we do need to mix it up. Our predictability invites the press. Vary the system in the early stages and see what works in each game.

Having watched the last capitulation it is evident that the players are uncomfortable playing out the back, they just looked lost.  

I personally would like to see a more direct approach on Saturday.  Take the game by the balls and attack. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

I was only kidding. 

I quite like the trendy 4-3-3 system. 

Me too, I shudder every time I think of a 2 man centre midfield. 4-4-2 is so last century.

Stick with 4-3-3 and get the wide players supporting the main striker. We have the players to do it.

• Like 2

For me there a few players not playing to the level they should be out would go Hunt, Bannan and Paterson.

I would start a 4-4-2 at home

BPF

Palmer/ Iorfa/ Hutchinson /Brown

Corbeanu/ Adeniran/ Wing / Sow

Gregory/ Berahino

Bench Wildsmith, Dunkley, Hunt, Paterson, Bannan, Johnson, Kamberi

If we have not scored in the first 45 then change it up in the second half, but this tippy tappy across the back line poo needs to stop, goals win games not number of passes.

• Like 1

It's interesting reading everybody's views.

It's blindingly obvious to me that Bannan isn't a centre mid.

He never has or will be.

If you want to play out then you've got to have an equal and fluid motion going forward.

I've said it for years...he slows the forward motion down.

Get him playing on the left channel in an advanced position or sell him.

All the formations centre around him being in the wrong position.

How many times?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Box_Man said:

Need balance so we can attack down both sides of the pitch. More support for the central striker to create more scoring opportunities.

Changes at LB, CM & CF 

We are at home need to play on the front foot, I know we wont play 4-4-2 but we should give it a go.

BPF

Hunt          Iorfa          Hutch         Brown

Theo         Adeniran        Bannan       Shodipo

Gregory         Berahino

Bannan is more a liability than an asset in a 2 man midfield. Been proved many times.

• Love 2