Fuerteventura

13 minutes ago, Greengrass said:

Stayed in Jandia a couple of times (in the south) great beaches, quiet compared to the other Canary Islands. Hire a car.

I've got a car from the airport for the full fortnight. We're staying up north (away from them southerners) at a resort called Origo Mare. 

• Like 1

Where are you staying in Fuerteventura?

I stayed in Caleta de fuste and really enjoyed it even though it's a purpose-built holiday resort. Some cracking restaurants. 

Think we went to the dunes in Corralejo and visited Oasis Park, seems like a quiet island but I don't mind that tbh.

6 hours ago, Bassetts Allsorts said:

I stayed in Caleta de fuste and really enjoyed it even though it's a purpose-built holiday resort. Some cracking restaurants. 

Think we went to the dunes in Corralejo and visited Oasis Park, seems like a quiet island but I don't mind that tbh.

Its called origo mare, up in the North of the island. Like yours its a purpose built resort. 

On 21/09/2021 at 11:57, Bassetts Allsorts said:

As purpose built resorts go,  Caleta de Fuste is actually pretty decent; low rise, laid out for the convenience of pedestrians / cyclists etc rather than motor vehicles, plenty of open spaces and a pleasant sea front. Only fly in the ointment is that it's a few KM from the airport and directly under the flightpath.

Generally I found Fuerteventura a bit dull. As already mentioned, Corralejo is worth a trip, as is the old capital of Betancuria. Puerto del Rosario is OK for a half day wander round.

1 hour ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

As purpose built resorts go,  Caleta de Fuste is actually pretty decent; low rise, laid out for the convenience of pedestrians / cyclists etc rather than motor vehicles, plenty of open spaces and a pleasant sea front. Only fly in the ointment is that it's a few KM from the airport and directly under the flightpath.

Generally I found Fuerteventura a bit dull. As already mentioned, Corralejo is worth a trip, as is the old capital of Betancuria. Puerto del Rosario is OK for a half day wander round.

Yeah we really enjoyed it,  like you say the island is a quiet, especially compared to other Canary Islands.  Origo doesn't look too far away from Corralejo, so I'm sure sambo will find some signs of life there if needs be :biggrin: 

It's also very windy (think a local told me it's situated at the start of the trade winds?) and that the majority of the pools are salt water; a real first world problem if you got kids!

Edited by Bassetts Allsorts