Dominic Iorfa’s thoughts

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

To me this is very simple

There is zero issue with players and managers doing interviews at any time whether it’s post or prematch or midweek - no issues at all 

The whole situation is so easily sorted simply by those edgy fans who say they’re not interested in what the players have to say - simply don’t read these threads, watch the interviews or read their interviews

And if you do accidentally, once you’ve recovered from such a traumatic for you simply just move on and don’t chip in with comments on how they should do the talking on the pitch (which is like saying someone should breathe to survive)

If the edgy fans simply didn’t read what they say they’re not interested in reading the problem goes away 

THEM

And then the players can crack on continuing to do the interviews for the rest of us - Which they always have done and always will do

Amen. Hallelujah brother 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, OneManBand said:

I'd rather they just show us.

Them people would say the media team never put out any interesting bits and pieces. The club and players can't win sometimes.

I don't mind the press conferences, I'm not fussed about them either but it does serve a purpose for some fans. Most pro sportsmen at any reasonable level know not to say anything controversial or pretty much anything but banalities. I wish they could speak the truth and tell us what goes on but it's never going to happen, the fall out might be severe.

I suppose the thing that comes across as most genuine was Hutch co commentating on games  sometimes. He did give inside details to some extent. Not earth shattering stuff but it did seem to come from his heart.

I love to hear the players and staff being interviewed, as long as they aren't just taking the replies from any questions out of the handbook of oven ready replies and the questioner is creative. Listening to some of the post match interviews some of the questions  haven't had any thought put into them and you just know what the replies going to be. Be better if they got supporters to set the questions, try some kids for a change, mix it up a bit.

As for Big Dom? Aren't we lucky to have him.