Can you name them all?

3 hours ago, Kevan said:

Sounds like you were in a similar age group to me.  I played for Greenhill Rangers against Hackenthorpe Throstles and Halliwell Juniors in the Sheffield & District Sunday League.  I think it was 68 / 69 and 69 / 70.  I remember we played away to Hackenthorpe and drew 6 all.  There was another team from the Intake area which Gary Hull played for and also a team from Hyde Park in the same league.  Ring any bells with you Sternlad?

That’s about right I think …used to hate Hackenthorpe’s ground it was like a postage stamp.

Remember Halliwell playing somewhere at Greenhill behind some flats, and deffo remember being a bit worried when we played outside Hyde Park flats, I think there was a community centre under the flats where we got changed…terrible pitch an all!
68/69 I would have been 12; 69/70 I’d have been 13 so I’m not sure if we were still in the Eckington League then. Maybe moved to the Sheff and District for under 15 level? Another team played at Beauchief on the old De La Salle college ground, remember you had to put the pitch together before you played there, no markings at all!

Just now, sternlad said:

Oh and wasn’t there a team who played down Prince of Wales Road near a pub with Feathers in its name not far from what was then Waltheof school.

You see….I’m much better at remembering ancient history then when I go upstairs for summat and haven’t a clue why I’m there🤔

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sternlad said:

Oh and wasn’t there a team who played down Prince of Wales Road near a pub with Feathers in its name not far from what was then Waltheof school.

I think there was a team who played in High Hazels  park and played in claret and blue. Can't recallvtheir name sadly.

2 hours ago, sternlad said:

It was the Three Feathers pub on Bowden Road…it’s all houses and what not now but there used to be a pitch behind the pub. 

1 minute ago, sternlad said:

I’m not sure of Sterlands, Shutt, Williamson ages? They could have been in my age group, would have to look up their ages.

1 minute ago, sternlad said:

I’m not sure of Sterlands, Shutt, Williamson ages? They could have been in my age group, would have to look up their ages.

There all 60

20 hours ago, sternlad said:

My age....................60 this year , played against that three feathers side every year growing up.........................Sterland and Shutt up front , Charlie Williamson in midfield and , unless my memory is playing tricks Brian Cox in goal.

• Like 1