Jump to content

What a goal


Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, Jim said:

 

Only Atkinson knew how to manage him. Pleat and Wilson were out of their depth with him.

 

Spot on Jim. An incredible talent. He was utterly barking but a stunning player. A Fancy Dan indeed Mr Wilson. FFS.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Up with Waddle as the most skillful player I've ever seen at Hillsborough. On his day he was totally unplayable and if Dave Richards had not been vindictive in getting rid of Big Ron we would never have been relegated IMO and Di Canio would have gone on to become a true legend at our club

Or forcing Wilson's hand and stringing Di Canio out to dry, we'd have kept him, probably have stayed up etc and not been a laughing stock for years and flogged Di Canio for tuppence when West Ham and Redknapp got the best out of him, he's associated with us only for the Alcock incident ...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Or forcing Wilson's hand and stringing Di Canio out to dry, we'd have kept him, probably have stayed up etc and not been a laughing stock for years and flogged Di Canio for tuppence when West Ham and Redknapp got the best out of him, he's associated with us only for the Alcock incident ...

Spot on - the man was left with no support whatsoever. I look at how Sir Alex handled the fallout after Cantona kicked that bloke and how he put his arm round him, made him feel wanted and loved, then I look at Richards and Wilson and how they hung Di Canio out to dry. Richards for his own advancement nothing more

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Remember it well, I was in that stand (where the camera is) with 2 Everton supporting pals. Managed to sit on my hands all game but erupted when Dicanio pulled this off.

Luckily quite a few home supporters begrudgingly applauded it too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He'd have left us - had a track record of moving on quickly. Can't imagine he'd have stayed in Sheffield for much longer than he did. 

 

I was surprised that he stayed at West Ham as long as he did, but it was London. Man U wanted him briefly but for some reason it fell through. 

 

Great and talented player; questionable personality.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 15/09/2021 at 11:35, BRADDO said:

 

Spot on Jim. An incredible talent. He was utterly barking but a stunning player. A Fancy Dan indeed Mr Wilson. FFS.

 

Always remember the story about an altercation between Big Ron and Di Canio in the dressing room after a defeat. They needed to be pulled apart.

 

Next game Ron makes Di Canio Captain. Classic management by one of the best managers we’ve ever had and ever likely to have. None of this freezing out b*ll*cks we’ve seen with the likes of Wilson, Lukuhay and Monk. Managers have to manage the players they have to the best of their ability and if they happen to be your better players even more so.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jim said:

 

Always remember the story about an altercation between Big Ron and Di Canio in the dressing room after a defeat. They needed to be pulled apart.

 

Next game Ron makes Di Canio Captain. Classic management by one of the best managers we’ve ever had and ever likely to have. None of this freezing out b*ll*cks we’ve seen with the likes of Wilson, Lukuhay and Monk. Managers have to manage the players they have to the best of their ability and if they happen to be your better players even more so.



Was excited to read your post Jim!

 

Not because of the Big Ron story (which was good!) but to see how you would wedge Monk into the whole thing 🤣🤣


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...