Deathloop

neo hippy

9 hours ago, neo hippy said:

Just me then?

I'm about 2 hours in and it's starting to all make sense. Very obviously from the same people that made the clockwork mansion in dishonored. It's fantastic 

It looks mostly good from what I've seen so far, watched a couple of reviews. The different times of day/having to complete your objectives in a day sound cool. On Arkane I haven't played the Dishonored games yet, only tried the demo for the second I think. Also I wasn't interested in Prey (2016) at first with the history of what happened with the sequel to the original, but heard great things about it and tried the demo/free trial whatever it was and loved it. I remember getting an achievement for dying by going into the helicopter blades at the start of the game which was quite funny, as I thought I wonder what whould happen if I did. https://www.trueachievements.com/a233729/no-show-achievement Chris Avellone was one of the writers too. 

"The trouble with "lessons from history" is that we usually read them best after falling flat on our chins."   

"Girls are simply wonderful. Just to stand on a corner and watch them go past is delightful. They don't walk. At least not what we do when we walk. I don't know how to describe it, but it's much more complex and utterly delightful. They don't move just their feet; everything moves and in different directions . . . and all of it graceful."  Starship Troopers, Amen!        

Here's one review I watched which is 20 minutes and looks at the good/bad. I'll get it on sale whenever I get a PS5 haha.

"The trouble with "lessons from history" is that we usually read them best after falling flat on our chins."   

"Girls are simply wonderful. Just to stand on a corner and watch them go past is delightful. They don't walk. At least not what we do when we walk. I don't know how to describe it, but it's much more complex and utterly delightful. They don't move just their feet; everything moves and in different directions . . . and all of it graceful."  Starship Troopers, Amen!        

Popped the platinum last night. 

Got to admit, didn’t think much to it for the first few hours. It really does come into its own though, very very clever with the time looping and the things you can change by what you do in certain areas at certain times of day. 

Really enjoyed it but I can see many not being patient enough to properly get into it. 

• Like 1

On 16/10/2021 at 14:22, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Popped the platinum last night. 

Got to admit, didn’t think much to it for the first few hours. It really does come into its own though, very very clever with the time looping and the things you can change by what you do in certain areas at certain times of day. 

Really enjoyed it but I can see many not being patient enough to properly get into it. 

Glad you’ve said that because I am in that early stage where I’m really not enjoying it yet. 

I finished it the other day

I really enjoyed it but it is a strange one

Very easy in that it's easy to stealth around and go gun ho as you can get some very over powered weapons really quiet early. Story wise the threads are completely on rails and walk you through the "perfect" day so much so that you don't really feel like it's you working it all out.

The enjoyment for me came in just how intricate putting some of the plan/s together was. Even though it wasn't really me doing the thinking if that makes sense?

• Like 1