Has anyone been to Clowne

2 hours ago, Paolo Coopio said:

If so, apologies if you have....

However, there are some lovely left over disused railway stuff around the town. 

Great video as always especially that stretch of Road that leads up to Tesco in the centre of Clowne.Didn't realise that was once a Railway.Been to Clowne loads of time given my Sister lives at Bondhay Lane Whitwell Common which is about 1 mile away. 😀

• Like 1

19 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Great video as always especially that stretch of Road that leads up to Tesco in the centre of Clowne.Didn't realise that was once a Railway.Been to Clowne loads of time given my Sister lives at Bondhay Lane Whitwell Common which is about 1 mile away. 😀

I used to work near Clowne and went every lunch time for lunch. Never realised myself either.

I've just moved over to Whitwell.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Paolo Coopio said:

I used to work near Clowne and went every lunch time for lunch. Never realised myself either.

I've just moved over to Whitwell.

There's one or two old Colliery Branch lines in the Whitwell/Cresswell area that might be worth taking a look at.😉

Enjoyed this one as well.

I noticed at the start there were signs indicating a cycle route - is it doable on a bike?  Do any other old routes join up anywhere so you can off road from Sheffield?

13 hours ago, Big Malc said:

Enjoyed this one as well.

I noticed at the start there were signs indicating a cycle route - is it doable on a bike?  Do any other old routes join up anywhere so you can off road from Sheffield?

Cheers Big Malc

Yeah you can get on the cycle route from Staveley/Poolsbrook. 

So in theory, you could bike all way from Rother Valley Country Park, then at Poolsbrook jump on the Clowne Greenway. Pretty much all on disused railway.

• Like 2