This away kit is not acceptable

19 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Forget debates about masculinity/feminimity/

fashionability.

Pink is light red and IMO no kit of our team should be any shade of red.

Yes, Pink can be made by mixing red and white. We wear white. 

Lots of fans like orange away kits, which is also made with red. 

We have also worn purple which contains a pigment of red. 

• Love 1

14 hours ago, Since 1971 said:

Filed under Stuff I Hate About Modern Football, the reason we wore it is commercial gain. To sell as many as possible, the shirt needs game time and exposure. And it gets it even when there is no colour clash with the blue and white stripes.

I despise the kit. I hammered the pig fans last year for their pink kit. I agree it is too "red and white image" and is simply not Wednesday to me. I'd be p1ssed off if it was a training shirt never mind the away kit.

I respect that people may like it and buy it. It may be modern and fashionable. Fair enough.

In my grumpy old man world, I try to look for the positives these days. I thought it was good that it meant at least at Accrington, Charlton, Crewe, Cheltenham, Doncaster, Fleetwood, Morecambe and Rotherham we would wear blue and white stripes as the pink would not provide a colour differential with the home team. But I guess that means that the pink kit will get rolled out at places like Plymouth.

It'll be interesting to see what we wear at Lincoln and Sunderland. Red/white and blue/white stripes are often seen as a colour clash. This day in 1993 we created a situation where Newcastle wore their blue away kit at home against us in white with black stripes.

There are far more important things in life, but can't we just have a yellow away shirt next season please? It's not hard is it?

sheff-wed-a-83-84.gif.66305c67d16a80b907a873cfbf1c0ec0.gifsheff-wed-away-90-92.gif.e428c0d03d42f8c0ff666d0af4e0bac1.gifsheff-wed-a-84-86.gif.138124621d182e7325ca0356bdc42e4d.gifSHEFF-WED-A-09-10.gif.3daf18f31a7c8d672b78e5475ba0ecf2.gifsheff-wed-a-77-83.gif.b82ffb6fd407c4d67474e19a7e9a3c0d.gif

The yellow ones are my favourite and reminds me of a holiday 13 years back and wearing it playing in a game against locals in Zambia Screenshot_20210914-120656_Instagram.jpg.2143778eae4ed5553039be6a8b92c0d8.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

So we spend 50 years arguing that we are not called "the pigs" and then turn out in what is essentially a fancy dress outfit of a pig...genius marketing

Any discussion about masculinity, whether it looks like red and white, good with jeans etc is irrelevant

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ian said:

So we spend 50 years arguing that we are not called "the pigs" and then turn out in what is essentially a fancy dress outfit of a pig...genius marketing

Any discussion about masculinity, whether it looks like red and white, good with jeans etc is irrelevant

It's a pink shirt Ian

That's all

You're being over-dramatic

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, Ian said:

not all pigs are pink, taken from google

"In reality, only a small proportion of domestic pigs are pink. Most of them are black or yellow. While wild hogs are rarely found to be pink. They are generally in black or other dark colour and covered by sharp short fur."

all is good Ian

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ian said:

Im sure you know this already but there is no need to care what our unwashed brethern call us. Thier opnion shouldn't matter.

I have friends and colleagues who are blades and I have on occasions jokingly called them pigs. But honestly, I never made the connection with thier pink kit and the word. Maybe cus it wasn't a nice kit and also who cares what United wear?

Imo of course  

Edited by DeBilde'sTea

Have to admit, I saw a goal being shown on a video on Twitter (turned out to be Plymouth's 1st) and never once realised it was us conceding it, genuinely thought it was Lincoln or Sunderland.

I bloody hate it - because aside from the red/white look it gives other teams even more incentive to beat us now we're playing in a fancy-dan pink kit.

• Like 2

Things I've learned from this thread.

• Some people need glasses/trip to the opticians
  • Some need to buy a new TV
  • Some just need to grow up a bit

Seriously, people having a problem with a pink football shirt is a bit weird. In my opinion I think it's a cracking shirt but even if I didn't like the design I wouldn't be going off on one like some are over the colour. 

As others have said, this thread wouldn't be a thing if we'd come away with 3 points.

• Love 1