This away kit is not acceptable

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

The shirt is pink ian

You know it's Pink
You've seen photos of it
You've probably seen people wearing it too

It's pink

You say that like its a good thing

Pigs scored a massive owl goal last season with their pink kit and its like we've felt sorry for them and let them walk the ball in to our net for the equaliser

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Weshallovercome said:

Not sure why we didn't wear the blue and white one, doesn't clash.

Filed under Stuff I Hate About Modern Football, the reason we wore it is commercial gain. To sell as many as possible, the shirt needs game time and exposure. And it gets it even when there is no colour clash with the blue and white stripes.

I despise the kit. I hammered the pig fans last year for their pink kit. I agree it is too "red and white image" and is simply not Wednesday to me. I'd be p1ssed off if it was a training shirt never mind the away kit.

I respect that people may like it and buy it. It may be modern and fashionable. Fair enough.

In my grumpy old man world, I try to look for the positives these days. I thought it was good that it meant at least at Accrington, Charlton, Crewe, Cheltenham, Doncaster, Fleetwood, Morecambe and Rotherham we would wear blue and white stripes as the pink would not provide a colour differential with the home team. But I guess that means that the pink kit will get rolled out at places like Plymouth.

It'll be interesting to see what we wear at Lincoln and Sunderland. Red/white and blue/white stripes are often seen as a colour clash. This day in 1993 we created a situation where Newcastle wore their blue away kit at home against us in white with black stripes.

There are far more important things in life, but can't we just have a yellow away shirt next season please? It's not hard is it?

sheff-wed-a-83-84.gif.66305c67d16a80b907a873cfbf1c0ec0.gifsheff-wed-away-90-92.gif.e428c0d03d42f8c0ff666d0af4e0bac1.gifsheff-wed-a-84-86.gif.138124621d182e7325ca0356bdc42e4d.gifSHEFF-WED-A-09-10.gif.3daf18f31a7c8d672b78e5475ba0ecf2.gifsheff-wed-a-77-83.gif.b82ffb6fd407c4d67474e19a7e9a3c0d.gif

• Like 3
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, Since 1971 said:

Filed under Stuff I Hate About Modern Football, the reason we wore it is commercial gain. To sell as many as possible, the shirt needs game time and exposure. And it gets it even when there is no colour clash with the blue and white stripes.

I despise the kit. I hammered the pig fans last year for their pink kit. I agree it is too "red and white image" and is simply not Wednesday to me. I'd be p1ssed off if it was a training shirt never mind the away kit.

I respect that people may like it and buy it. It may be modern and fashionable. Fair enough.

In my grumpy old man world, I try to look for the positives these days. I thought it was good that it meant at least at Accrington, Charlton, Crewe, Cheltenham, Doncaster, Fleetwood, Morecambe and Rotherham we would wear blue and white stripes as the pink would not provide a colour differential with the home team. But I guess that means that the pink kit will get rolled out at places like Plymouth.

It'll be interesting to see what we wear at Lincoln and Sunderland. Red/white and blue/white stripes are often seen as a colour clash. This day in 1993 we created a situation where Newcastle wore their blue away kit at home against us in white with black stripes.

There are far more important things in life, but can't we just have a yellow away shirt next season please? It's not hard is it?

sheff-wed-a-83-84.gif.66305c67d16a80b907a873cfbf1c0ec0.gifsheff-wed-away-90-92.gif.e428c0d03d42f8c0ff666d0af4e0bac1.gifsheff-wed-a-84-86.gif.138124621d182e7325ca0356bdc42e4d.gifSHEFF-WED-A-09-10.gif.3daf18f31a7c8d672b78e5475ba0ecf2.gifsheff-wed-a-77-83.gif.b82ffb6fd407c4d67474e19a7e9a3c0d.gif

really like those

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Ian said:

You say that like its a good thing

Pigs scored a massive owl goal last season with their pink kit and its like we've felt sorry for them and let them walk the ball in to our net for the equaliser

Pink is just a colour Ian

Don't worry - you won't get any drag queens hunting you down if you buy one

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop