Ryan Galvin

9 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

And it’s famous he did that because it is so rare… 

But it does happen, Ian Wright played in the 9th tier until he was 22.

If they go, get experience of proper league football, impress and we get some sort of fee or he becomes part of our squad then that can only be a good a thing, rather than playing in the limited u23s.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

If they go, get experience of proper league football, impress and we get some sort of fee or he becomes part of our squad then that can only be a good a thing, rather than playing in the limited u23s.

I agree, I’d get rid of the u23 team like other clubs have done. At that age you need to be playing 1st team games.

• Like 1

The restrictions of the transfer window don't apply in regards loaning players into the non league. 

They can get proper football or stay with the kids tapping it about the practise pitch.

It's a no brainer.

Well done Wednesday 

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, CalmJimmers said:

Lee Gregory was in non league until his 20s as well I think. Another example being Grant Holt even if it didn't work out with us still played in PL with Norwich. 

• Like 1