Jump to content

A couple of depressing stats for the next few games


Recommended Posts

Regarding Shrewsbury Town on Saturday :-

 

They were our bogey team in the 70's and 80's and of the 8 home league games we've played them in our history our record is :-

 

Won 0

Drawn 6

Lost 2

 

Our away record against them isn't much better :-

 

Won 1

Drawn 4

Lost 3

 

Onto Ipswich - The last game we won out of South Yorkshire was Bournemouth on February 2nd.

 

We've had 14 away games since then only winning at Barnsley last season and Rotherham a few weeks ago.

 

Really wetted my appetite for the long trips to Ipswich Town, AFC Wimbledon, Cambridge United and Cheltenham Town in the next month or so 😧😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Watto said:

I was at that Shrewsbury game , 1-0 win April 82

 

Wednesday fans were going crazy after Bannister scored, noise for the last few minutes was unbelievable, not seen too many atmospheres like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, owl-zat said:

Regarding Shrewsbury Town on Saturday :-

 

They were our bogey team in the 70's and 80's and of the 8 home league games we've played them in our history our record is :-

 

Won 0

Drawn 6

Lost 2

 

Our away record against them isn't much better :-

 

Won 1

Drawn 4

Lost 3

 

Onto Ipswich - The last game we won out of South Yorkshire was Bournemouth on February 2nd.

 

We've had 14 away games since then only winning at Barnsley last season and Rotherham a few weeks ago.

 

Really wetted my appetite for the long trips to Ipswich Town, AFC Wimbledon, Cambridge United and Cheltenham Town in the next month or so 😧😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 

Can hardly be surprised at the stats there, Especially the Shrewsbury one.Did we play them in the FA Cup a few years later and got knocked out? 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I mentioned our poor record against Shrewsbury yesterday, always lost 1-0 or drew 0-0 at home. 

I do remember beating them in a cup game at Hillsborough 3-0 in 1990s. 

Just looked it up, we beat Shrewsbury 2-1 at home in League cup in late 80s. 

The 3-0 win might have been in Full Members/Simod cup unless I dreamed it up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Can hardly be surprised at the stats there, Especially the Shrewsbury one.Did we play them in the FA Cup a few years later and got knocked out? 🤔

January 2016 FA cup away. Winning 2:1 with 3 minutes to go - lost 3:2 (just to cheer everyone up)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, bradowl said:

Just looked it up, we beat Shrewsbury 2-1 at home in League cup in late 80s. 

The 3-0 win might have been in Full Members/Simod cup unless I dreamed it up. 

 

I think it was about 1987 as Wednesday signed Nigel Pearson from them very soon after we played them.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/09/2021 at 13:34, owl-zat said:

Regarding Shrewsbury Town on Saturday :-

 

away record against them isn't much better :-

 

Won 1

Drawn 4

Lost 3

 

 

wow, didn't realise we'd only won ONE there,and i was at it too! bannister last minute winner (iirc)  ???? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Bulldog said:

January 2016 FA cup away. Winning 2:1 with 3 minutes to go - lost 3:2 (just to cheer everyone up)

Yes, what a miserable game that was, and we had a decent chance of a cup run that year. I remember Atdhe being denied an absolute nailed on penalty when we were 2-1 up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...