A couple of depressing stats for the next few games

Regarding Shrewsbury Town on Saturday :-

They were our bogey team in the 70's and 80's and of the 8 home league games we've played them in our history our record is :-

Won 0

Drawn 6

Lost 2

Our away record against them isn't much better :-

Won 1

Drawn 4

Lost 3

Onto Ipswich - The last game we won out of South Yorkshire was Bournemouth on February 2nd.

We've had 14 away games since then only winning at Barnsley last season and Rotherham a few weeks ago.

Really wetted my appetite for the long trips to Ipswich Town, AFC Wimbledon, Cambridge United and Cheltenham Town in the next month or so 😧😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, owl-zat said:

Regarding Shrewsbury Town on Saturday :-

They were our bogey team in the 70's and 80's and of the 8 home league games we've played them in our history our record is :-

Won 0

Drawn 6

Lost 2

Our away record against them isn't much better :-

Won 1

Drawn 4

Lost 3

Onto Ipswich - The last game we won out of South Yorkshire was Bournemouth on February 2nd.

We've had 14 away games since then only winning at Barnsley last season and Rotherham a few weeks ago.

Really wetted my appetite for the long trips to Ipswich Town, AFC Wimbledon, Cambridge United and Cheltenham Town in the next month or so 😧😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 😧 

Can hardly be surprised at the stats there, Especially the Shrewsbury one.Did we play them in the FA Cup a few years later and got knocked out? 🤔

6 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I mentioned our poor record against Shrewsbury yesterday, always lost 1-0 or drew 0-0 at home. 

I do remember beating them in a cup game at Hillsborough 3-0 in 1990s. 

Just looked it up, we beat Shrewsbury 2-1 at home in League cup in late 80s. 

The 3-0 win might have been in Full Members/Simod cup unless I dreamed it up. 

12 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Can hardly be surprised at the stats there, Especially the Shrewsbury one.Did we play them in the FA Cup a few years later and got knocked out? 🤔

January 2016 FA cup away. Winning 2:1 with 3 minutes to go - lost 3:2 (just to cheer everyone up)

12 hours ago, bradowl said:

Just looked it up, we beat Shrewsbury 2-1 at home in League cup in late 80s. 

The 3-0 win might have been in Full Members/Simod cup unless I dreamed it up. 

I think it was about 1987 as Wednesday signed Nigel Pearson from them very soon after we played them.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Bulldog said:

January 2016 FA cup away. Winning 2:1 with 3 minutes to go - lost 3:2 (just to cheer everyone up)

Yes, what a miserable game that was, and we had a decent chance of a cup run that year. I remember Atdhe being denied an absolute nailed on penalty when we were 2-1 up.

• Like 1