Don’t believe the hype

2 hours ago, Devonstrix said:

Bannan certainly deserves more than 3/10 for me. I had him on course for a 9 until he missed that straight forward header, so I’d give him a 7/8. 

I was sat in with Argyle fans who were all saying that he was brilliant but had little support. 

that's fair enough and your opinion. But he was part of a midfield that got ran over for 94 mins, conceded 3 goals and could have been about 6 on a different day. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Apparently not

A few of our fans have even called for a ban on any pics/videos of the players looking happy and positive 

lol

Unreal innit

Just needs the media team to be a bit more selective this week.

No footage of Paterson and Adedoyen rolling around on the ground together. No pictures of Corbeanu practicing keepie uppies. No Hutchinson talk of battering other teams in the media. Instead some footage of good honest training drills. Moore spoke of the hard work to be done, Let’s see a bit of that this coming week 

I sure that’s what the poster really meant. There’s a time and place for that stuff. It’s after a thumping win.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Daavies; said:

If we go out with the same attitude as we did yesterday for the rest of the season, we'll do well to finish mid table. 3-0 to Plymouth actually flatters us. They battered us from the first minute until the last. Don't want to single any players out but don't think any of the team would get more than a 3/10. You've got to earn the right to play football with hard work and stability.  I'm not sure all these 3/4 changes a week are helping us, we looked like a team who had never played with each other before yesterday. We need to bounce back with a performance against Shrewsbury.

No they didn't. Look at the stats for the game. I know a single statistic can be misleading but look at them in their entirety  they can't all be wrong.

Plymouth had a good day, we had a bad one, we lost. Get over it plenty more twists and turns to come.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Triple O said:

No they didn't. Look at the stats for the game. I know a single statistic can be misleading but look at them in their entirety  they can't all be wrong.

Plymouth had a good day, we had a bad one, we lost. Get over it plenty more twists and turns to come.

I think 3-0 was slightly harsh, but 2-0 or 3-1 would have been fair. While the shot count was even for the whole game (14-13), at half time it was 9 shots to Plymouth, 2 to Wednesday and Plymouth's had included some really good chances.

In the second half we had more attacks but that was mainly because they were comfortable in defence with men behind the ball and we were shooting from long range. It was only on about 85 minutes that we had 2 or 3 decent chances.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SiJ said:

Well...I was hoping Morecambe was the wake up call, but perhaps the fact we played ok meant it wasn't.

Big pressure on them now. They've had a stinker and shafted a few thousand who made that trip yesterday.

Good will can disappear pretty quickly.

Perhaps less talk of winning the league and actually delivering on the pitch?

Agreed...Saturday is a massive game

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Just needs the media team to be a bit more selective this week.

No it doesnt 

It just needs our crybaby oversensitive drama queens to stop acting like babies 

If this club needs anything right now it is NOT to bend to the will of the fans who want to strip it of positivity, happiness and fun and return us back to the days of our players coming off social media, or looking unhappy all week only for the Mardy fans to attack them anyway

The positive videos midweek bring a feel good factor

The positive videos are NOT the reason we lost and aren’t anything to do with it 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

No it doesnt 

It just needs our crybaby oversensitive drama queens to stop acting like babies 

If this club needs anything right now it is NOT to bend to the will of the fans who want to strip it of positivity, happiness and fun and return us back to the days of our players coming off social media, or looking unhappy all week only for the Mardy fans to attack them anyway

The positive videos midweek bring a feel good factor

The positive videos are NOT the reason we lost and aren’t anything to do with it 

Maybe, but I think they’ll be a little more circumspect with their output in the coming week. It won’t get a good reception if there are more videos of players larking around at Middlewood Rd.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, northeastowl said:

It’s the players who need to stop believing in their own hype. 

They're the ones coming out in interviews saying we are going to win the league and when we click we will batter teams.

Unfortunately lads when you can’t be arsed to put the effort in and have the right mental attitude then you won’t achieve anything.

I know they might argue it’s a one off but title winning teams don’t do that. They don’t go to mid table teams and get spanked 3-0 with little effort/fight. And in saying effort/fight i don’t mean the type like Hutchinson who gets a yellow but smashing someone 5 seconds after the whistle has gone because he’s lost his head. 

Agreed. When they talk like that it brings on the kind of reaction from opposing teams that we are seeing. Got to back it up rather than wipe egg off their face.

To be fair I think we’ve looked solid most games at the back but that was the first time we looked like some of the swfc teams that have struggled at this level before. PTSD for all us fans. 

Had Bannan scored that header then it becomes a different game. But for a team that wants to play attacking football on the floor we don’t seem to connect well enough yet.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

I think 3-0 was slightly harsh, but 2-0 or 3-1 would have been fair. While the shot count was even for the whole game (14-13), at half time it was 9 shots to Plymouth, 2 to Wednesday and Plymouth's had included some really good chances.

In the second half we had more attacks but that was mainly because they were comfortable in defence with men behind the ball and we were shooting from long range. It was only on about 85 minutes that we had 2 or 3 decent chances.

3-0 was not slightly harsh at all ET. It could and should have been 3-0 by half time and they had good chances second half too.  We got away with a potentially really embarrassing score line yesterday, as if 3-0 wasn’t bad enough. I’m hoping it’s been the kick start with reality that the players need and expect us to go and set about Shrewsbury this weekend. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Bluesteel. said:

Agreed. When they talk like that it brings on the kind of reaction from opposing teams that we are seeing. Got to back it up rather than wipe egg off their face.

I would recommend they keep their gobs shut and let their play do the talking.

It's how they perform that counts, talk is cheap.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, prowl said:

I wasn't meaning the fans being embarrassed, the players should be. Maybe they don't get embarrassed about anything.

Maybe they are?
I'm sure they don't mean to go out and have a bad game

I think that the keeper making a blunder after just 6 minutes threw them big time too

Owlstalk Shop