Don’t believe the hype

It’s the players who need to stop believing in their own hype. 

They're the ones coming out in interviews saying we are going to win the league and when we click we will batter teams.

Unfortunately lads when you can’t be arsed to put the effort in and have the right mental attitude then you won’t achieve anything.

I know they might argue it’s a one off but title winning teams don’t do that. They don’t go to mid table teams and get spanked 3-0 with little effort/fight. And in saying effort/fight i don’t mean the type like Hutchinson who gets a yellow but smashing someone 5 seconds after the whistle has gone because he’s lost his head. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

They're the ones coming out in interviews saying we are going to win the league and when we click we will batter teams. 

This mentality is very Sheffield

The same was said by Sheffield folk about Muhammed Ali, Prince Naseem, Ian Wright etc

It also spills over into the (created by Dave Richards and Danny Wilson) 'fancy dan' thing

Very very Sheffield 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Unfortunately lads when you can’t be arsed to put the effort in and have the right mental attitude then you won’t achieve anything.

I know they might argue it’s a one off but title winning teams don’t do that. They don’t go to mid table teams and get spanked 3-0 with little effort/fight. And in saying effort/fight i don’t mean the type like Hutchinson who gets a yellow but smashing someone 5 seconds after the whistle has gone because he’s lost his head. 

Hull got battered 4-1 by Fleetwood last season.

Admittedly, they'd won the previous 5 or so games and looked comfortable doing so, but still, top teams have shocking days.I'm also not saying we're comparable to Hull last season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Hard work beats talent if talent doesn’t work hard .

everytime we go on the pitch we’ve got to win second balls, work hard , win tackles , win our duels and only then can we start to show our quality and skill . 

This is the main concern.

Are we going to be up for a scrap?

• Like 1

If we go out with the same attitude as we did yesterday for the rest of the season, we'll do well to finish mid table. 3-0 to Plymouth actually flatters us. They battered us from the first minute until the last. Don't want to single any players out but don't think any of the team would get more than a 3/10. You've got to earn the right to play football with hard work and stability.  I'm not sure all these 3/4 changes a week are helping us, we looked like a team who had never played with each other before yesterday. We need to bounce back with a performance against Shrewsbury.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Daavies; said:

If we go out with the same attitude as we did yesterday for the rest of the season, we'll do well to finish mid table. 3-0 to Plymouth actually flatters us. They battered us from the first minute until the last. Don't want to single any players out but don't think any of the team would get more than a 3/10. You've got to earn the right to play football with hard work and stability.  I'm not sure all these 3/4 changes a week are helping us, we looked like a team who had never played with each other before yesterday. We need to bounce back with a performance against Shrewsbury.

Bannan certainly deserves more than 3/10 for me. I had him on course for a 9 until he missed that straight forward header, so I’d give him a 7/8. 

I was sat in with Argyle fans who were all saying that he was brilliant but had little support. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I have not fell for any hype I base my ideas on what's achievable by what I have seen and what should happen with the quality of our squad and I stand by my belief this is the strongest squad in this league I hope Mr Moore can squeeze every bit out of it and I'm still confident by may we will have achieved what we set out to do

• Love 1