your team v Shrewsbury

6 hours ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Round pegs round holes for me now, no more shoe horning right footers into left back and centre mids into centre backs. Love Hutch as much as the next person but Dunkley was a colossus against Rotherham then gets dropped for Hutch as soon as he is fit again. Especially with the absence of Denis and Luongo on Saturday i think Hutch could have been used as the enforcer in midfield and Dunkley in at centre back. As much as a fan favourite Hutch is, i think Dunkley is a more natural and effective fit at centre back now, he's better in the air, he's quicker, he's stronger, he can't play out as much as Hutch but we dont have the defenders for that anyway so that tactic should be abandoned. 

In midfield we need the balance of one enforcer denis/luongo/hutch then 2 of byers/bannan/wing. Think Denis, Bannan and Wing are the best 3 for Saturday with Luongo still unavailable? I don't actually think any combination work as a 2 hence why Moore is always playing 3 of them. Bannan plus 1 or Byers plus 1 would be way too lightweight.

On the wings and centre forward is anyone's guess, the rotation can't be helping at all, Paterson doesnt know if he's coming or going, the same with Kamberi/Brown. Think Gregory is everyone's choice as a number 9 and then i'd play Shodipo from the start and Berahino if fit?

BPF

Palmer

Dunkley

Iorfa

Brown

Denis

Bannan

Wing

Berahino

Gregory

Shodipo

You have just stated that Dunkley is quicker than Hutchinson 

lol

I reckon I could beat Dunkley in a foot race, and I get my state pension next year 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

What for 25 mins until he's blowing out of his arse...Watch the ground Dennis and Bashiro cover in midfield for 90 mins FFS different in every respect

Don’t know how you have managed that Daveyboy but that’s not my comment 

Surely if Ade/Luongo aren’t back we have to play Hutchinson as a holding midfielder? Saturday opens your eyes to once again even with Bannan how invisible he can be without somebody running round winning the ball back for him. 

Even if we played the same team we’d still be much better but it’s about time we have our best front 3 together a run of games. Let’s try a proper LB in the team too! 

BPF

Brown

Iorfa

Dunkley

Palmer

Hutchinson

Bannan

Wing

Theo

Gregory

Shodipo

Tough one this after the awful performance last weekend. Fitness permitting of course but I’d attack.

BPF

Hunt              Iorfa      Hutchinson        Brown

Adeniran  Wing  Bannan

Corbeanu             Gregory           Shodipo 

Subs

Wildsmith, Palmer, Dunkley, Byers, Paterson, Sow, Berahino

We need a lot more energy and legs in the team, a bit of the arrogance and lack of fear of youth, hoping Brown and Adeniran start, if Adeniran still isn't fit then maybe Dele-Bashiru should get a chance. Brown in front of Palmer on the left if Hunt is starting on the right, Corbeanu in front of Hunt/Palmer on the right. Johnson and Wing need benching IMO.

Edited by Paul..

On 12/09/2021 at 10:44, Shetland Owl said:

BPF

Palmer, Lofra, Hutch, Brown

Wing, Bannan, Denis(Dele)

Theo, Gregory, Shipedo

Although would prefer us to play two up top and go 4-4-2

The 4-3-3 can work better and be more flexible. We just need our wide men to play more like Nando did in that first season under Carlos getting in and around box whenever we attack meaning we effectively have a two or a three up front at times. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/09/2021 at 10:44, Shetland Owl said:

BPF

Palmer, Lofra, Hutch, Brown

Wing, Bannan, Denis(Dele)

Theo, Gregory, Shipedo

Although would prefer us to play two up top and go 4-4-2

Nothing to be quiet about that.

• Haha 1

On 14/09/2021 at 01:54, Lionel Fessi said:

Surely if Ade/Luongo aren’t back we have to play Hutchinson as a holding midfielder? Saturday opens your eyes to once again even with Bannan how invisible he can be without somebody running round winning the ball back for him. 

Even if we played the same team we’d still be much better but it’s about time we have our best front 3 together a run of games. Let’s try a proper LB in the team too! 

BPF

Brown

Iorfa

Dunkley

Palmer

Hutchinson

Bannan

Wing

Theo

Gregory

Shodipo

Maybe we don’t on the big pitch at home? I agree for away games. 

1 hour ago, meggoisgod said:

BPF

Palmer  Iorfa   Hutch   Johnson

Corbeanu   Wing  Adeniran  Shodipo

Gregory  Berahino

Not a criticism but I don’t understand when people choose a formation that we obviously will not play. Doesn’t it make your post a bit of a waste of time? Not meaning to be funny. 

8 hours ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

Not a criticism but I don’t understand when people choose a formation that we obviously will not play. Doesn’t it make your post a bit of a waste of time? Not meaning to be funny. 

We may not play that way...but if I were the manager I would try this..especially at home. I think we would smash teams with this

Probably not a popular opinion but Corbeanu wouldn’t be near my starting 11 atm. I don’t doubt he’s got some talent but playing with no real direction he just looks like a fast headless chicken to me. I suspect Wolves will be looking for a certain amount of game time so it’s up to the manager to improve him, let’s hope he can.

Edited by Morepork