Jump to content

Unless this changes, we have no chance...


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Zero wins and only 8 draws after going behind in the last 55 away matches. That is a truly horrific record.

 

Add to that our home record since our last win when conceding first in December 2019. 12 games conceded first goal, won 0, drawn 1, lost 11.

 

 

Bloody hell,didnt realise it was that bad,mind you from being at the game yesterday imo were still making the same mistakes as last season.. no bottle in midfield and awful defending look at the 3rd goal..ffs..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe we will fix this with a fit and quick SB up front and windass back.  
Teams still playing like they played against us last season.  Push a paceless strike force up the pitch, send Bannan backwards to find space to neutralise him.  Teams can play like that against us all day long , and we rarely score when they do , especially away.  
the difference is this season we have potentially two players in Windass and berahino who will be quick and clever so defenders at this level will not be as confident marching us up the pitch as they know they will be screwed if one comes through or over.  
 

once those two are starting  I am convinced we will score more , come back more and win more.
 

  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, SiJ said:

Honestly, I'm not going to be sold on this side unless we wrack up a string of a positive results/performances, say 5, 6, 7 games.

 

We've had these little runs here and there, but you just know that one minor setback turns into a disaster.

Weve got a great squad, but as of yet weve not been brilliant. Shape isn't right for me. But with this squad if Moore cant figure it out then he's not got the nouse a lot think he has.

 

You have to look at the strengths and the weaknesses of players, Bannan as good as he is doesnt score enough. People dont like it but his best season with us was LM. Played high up and had high goal involvment without the need to do the work/tracking of a CM. Maybe this is what we should do again ???

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Weve got a great squad, but as of yet weve not been brilliant. Shape isn't right for me. But with this squad if Moore cant figure it out then he's not got the nouse a lot think he has.

 

You have to look at the strengths and the weaknesses of players, Bannan as good as he is doesnt score enough. People dont like it but his best season with us was LM. Played high up and had high goal involvment without the need to do the work/tracking of a CM. Maybe this is what we should do again ???


not a bad shout , wing and adenrian central baz left , Theo / sow / Shodipo right with Gregory / kamberi / Paterson berahino up top . Don’t think Moore will do this mind . 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

This stat would suggest that once we go a goal behind it might be worth getting off early to beat the traffic at full time

For the last five and a half years lol

 

Over half a decade! 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Grandad said:

This stat would suggest that once we go a goal behind it might be worth getting off early to beat the traffic at full time

 

 

The club could really maximise sales here by offering tickets that increase the longer the game goes on


You pay by the minute and get charged on the way out


So if we go a goal behind you can get off and only pay a fraction of what the current full price tickets cost

 

lol

 

  • Haha 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:


not a bad shout , wing and adenrian central baz left , Theo / sow / Shodipo right with Gregory / kamberi / Paterson berahino up top . Don’t think Moore will do this mind . 

What I would do.

 

Then I’d have Johnson at LB so we’d still have the width going forward 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

The club could really maximise sales here by offering tickets that increase the longer the game goes on


You pay by the minute and get charged on the way out


So if we go a goal behind you can get off and only pay a fraction of what the current full price tickets cost

 

lol

 

We'd get thousands of complaints.

"I left on 12 minutes and had to wait in a huge queue for 25 minutes"

  • Haha 1

"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Kaven Walker

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some on here would have a new manager in on the Monday after any loss. We have had a reasonable start so far and 1 bad performance doesn't change that. We are still work in progress and will get better. Judge the manager and team after Xmas when things hopefully will have settled in. Long season ahead and little can be judged after only 6 games.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Some on here would have a new manager in on the Monday after any loss. We have had a reasonable start so far and 1 bad performance doesn't change that. We are still work in progress and will get better. Judge the manager and team after Xmas when things hopefully will have settled in. Long season ahead and little can be judged after only 6 games.

I'm not calling for the manager's head.

 

Deary me.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

I'm not calling for the manager's head.

 

Deary me.

 

Plenty on here already questioning Moores ability. Scapegoating players after 6 games and negatively assessing the start we have had. You aren't being accused personally,  but you are right about 1 thing "deary me" . 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And I wonder when the last time it was before Birmingham , Wednesday have always seemed to struggle to come back from going behind especially away , can't be a worse record anywhere tbh!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/09/2021 at 23:02, Owls2k said:

How does this compare with other teams?

 

The fact is, teams rarely win after going behind. What are those stats, does everyone know?

 

 

Well TBH Wednesday have dropped 58 points from winning positions over the last two full seasons, so plenty of other teams have managed to do what we can't. Not as rare as you suggest. In fact we only scraped on point from a losing position last season so we rarely do anything but lose when the first goal goes against us.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...