Darren Moore's post-Plymouth reaction

28 minutes ago, Birstall Owl said:

I'm not shouting Moore out, we are only 6 games into the season for god sake. On the flip side though am I expected to just accept it and move on? I spent nearly 12 hours in the car for that yesterday where the highlight of the day was bloody Burger King

I can take losing I've followed Wednesday for 35 years so I'm bloody used to it :biggrin: but that yesterday was awful.

Fair play to Plymouth thought they were excellent.

You and the rest who travelled deserve better but I doubt the players or manager gave your plight a second thought. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, debram said:

You and the rest who travelled deserve better but I doubt the players or manager gave your plight a second thought. 

Other than the lengthy apology from Darren Moore last night who repeatedly stressed he'd thought about our fans going all that way and apologising for the performance and saying it was unacceptable and that it's his job to make sure it doesn't happen again?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

Christ we're now heading towards a West End Musical where the stage is totally black apart from the lonely glow of a solitary street lamp.

Then a hard done to Sheffield Wednesday fan walks out, walks slowly towards the street lamp, takes a big deep sigh, and then sits on the kerb beneath it to sing a heartwrenching sad song 'But what will I doooooooo noowwwwwww?' which tells the tale of how they went to a football match and their team didn't win, meaning they lost all direction in life and don't know how to get over it

Sorry I can't sing ;-)

On 11/09/2021 at 22:27, brian joicey said:

I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt until today (I’m loath to aim any accountability to him for last season) ..so far this season our (undoubtedly) talented squad has shown very little in the way of tempo,fight,desire,hunger,spirit,passion etc all  qualities that are basics in this league (in which he has experience) and qualities that eminate from and should be demanded by the manager. All I’ve seen is tippy tappy sideways ball shifting between the back 5 in the hope that we can get near the opponents box.if that doesn’t work (as per all 4 away matches) then .... ? Darren has no plan B 

Neither has Chansiri a plan A

Chansiri out!!! 

• Like 1

I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt until today (I’m loath to aim any accountability to him for last season) ..so far this season our (undoubtedly) talented squad has shown very little in the way of tempo,fight,desire,hunger,spirit,passion etc all  qualities that are basics in this league (in which he has experience) and qualities that eminate from and should be demanded by the manager. All I’ve seen is tippy tappy sideways ball shifting between the back 5 in the hope that we can get near the opponents box.if that doesn’t work (as per all 4 away matches) then .... ? Darren has no plan B 

Can't agree more bud. 

Didn't really have much input last season due to taking over so late in the season, then spending 80% of it with covid. 

I was never a fan of the tika taka thing with Barcelona, let's just pass for the sake of it, used to bore me to tears. 

I'm just not sure you can make it work in the third tier as a quite a few sides find out when they get relagated and struggle to adjust.

Teams down here tend to keep it simple. Drop off and defend deep as a compact unit when not in possession, or push up and high press to win the ball in the oppositions half. 

In possession it's about quick more direct passing catching pressing teams over the top or out wide down the channels into the space. 

We switched to a very similar strategy when Bruce came in and it worked a treat with Murphys pace out wide and fletch as the focal point. The worst thing is we're probably better eqauiped with the pace we now have to play this way. Hate to say it, but it's how the piggies finally got out of this division under wilder. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Can't agree more bud. 

Didn't really have much input last season due to taking over so late in the season, then spending 80% of it with covid. 

I was never a fan of the tika taka thing with Barcelona, let's just pass for the sake of it, used to bore me to tears. 

I'm just not sure you can make it work in the third tier as a quite a few sides find out when they get relagated and struggle to adjust.

Teams down here tend to keep it simple. Drop off and defend deep as a compact unit when not in possession, or push up and high press to win the ball in the oppositions half. 

In possession it's about quick more direct passing catching pressing teams over the top or out wide down the channels into the space. 

We switched to a very similar strategy when Bruce came in and it worked a treat with Murphys pace out wide and fletch as the focal point. The worst thing is we're probably better eqauiped with the pace we now have to play this way. Hate to say it, but it's how the piggies finally got out of this division under wilder. 

I watched every Bolton Wanderers game last year in League 2 (housemate is a fan and it was lockdown).

They used it tika taka style there, passing out from the back, knocking it around and after a slow start (they were 19th around Christmas) it clicked and they got promoted automatically.  They've carried that form into League 1 and are 3rd in the table.

So it can certainly work in lower leagues. 

Edited by tcuc3e
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Can't agree more bud. 

Worth mentioning that Murphy never played a game at wednesday under Bruce, but good to see the great work done by Monk called our for once . 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, tcuc3e said:

I watched every Bolton Wanderers game last year in League 2 (housemate is a fan and it was lockdown).

They used it tika taka style there, passing out from the back, knocking it around and after a slow start (they were 19th around Christmas) it clicked and they got promoted automatically.  They've carried that form into League 1 and are 3rd in the table.

So it can certainly work in lower leagues. 

Does that mean we should stick to playing this way and be patient till it clicks?? 

Though a plan B would come in handy in games though. lol

NO PLAN B.jpg

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

We go again 

:duntmatter:

You forgot the erm. 

Erm we go again IS the plan B. 

or maybe DM really is saying Ern we go again. 

Let’s face it, he’s playing all the right players, but not necessarily in the right order. 

• Like 1