Let’s not panic.

Can’t panic after six games. Sure, things don’t look great so far and today wasn’t acceptable, but it’s still very early doors 

The cold November, December months will tell us a lot more about where this squad is 

I’m by no means confident, just stressing that it’s too early to sit on either side of the fence. You just can’t 

No panic from me, I skip that now and go straight to apathy. 

But I do not believe Darren Moore will get us out of this league. 

I've made up my mind about that now. I hope he changes my mind, my mind is very easy to change, but I'd bet money that he doesn't change it. 

New squad, time to gel, blah blah, yea Carlos faced that too, but almost instantly made us look good, and was playing Arsenal off the park within about 8 weeks. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NIOwl said:

No panic from me, I skip that now and go straight to apathy. 

But I do not believe Darren Moore will get us out of this league. 

I've made up my mind about that now. 

Well fair play to you mate for giving him until the 11th September 👍👍

Six games in with a brand new squad and being just a few points off top spot is more than enough isnt it

Six full games ffs that’s a luxury here 

Lets get him out!!!

Who shall we call for to replace him? 

I reckon we should immediately call for an ex player?

Waddle? Sheridan? Big Ron back maybe!

Or Big Mick?

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We sacked him

We did after two and a half sessons in charge.

Bit of a daft argument.

And no, I'm not for one minute advocating we sack Moore.

If it doesn't work for him, then I'd be looking at some of those senior players who've been around here for however long...assuming the chairman hasn't done something stupid too.

Edited by SiJ

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Well fair play to you mate for giving him until the 11th September 👍👍

Six games in with a brand new squad and being just a few points off top spot is more than enough isnt it

Six full games ffs that’s a luxury here 

Lets get him out!!!

Who shall we call for to replace him? 

I reckon we should immediately call for an ex player?

Waddle? Sheridan? Big Ron back maybe!

Or Big Mick?

Well, I know he's not going to get sacked anytime soon. And I'm not about to start calling for it to happen. 

I'm just saying that I don't feel it is going to work. I would love to be optimistic, and like I said, my mind can be changed easily, I just don't expect it will. And I feel no shame or reason to pretend I feel otherwise. 

14 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

2 away defeats. 

1 where we should have comfortably won and 1 where we were well beaten. 

I said at the start of the season we will struggle away from home. Especially early on.

Anyway let’s not panic and start getting on the teams back already. 

Back at Hillsborough next to, hopefully get back on track.

I don't think it is panic, or the results.

It's all just worringly familiar...

Edited by slinger208b
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I sat and thought about this yesterday.

We've won more more games than we've lost this season (in fact we've won 50% of our games)

We've scored more than we've conceded this season (in fact two thirds of our games we've kept a clean sheet)

We're in the top half of the table

We're two points outside a play off place and three outside the automatics

And yet based on a poor performance and result from just one single game, some people want to sack the manager. OK, yesterday was the worst we've played all season, but it was just one game. Can't we at least, in the first instance, give the manager and the team an opportunity to bounce back from that rather than demanding that heads roll?

2 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I sat and thought about this yesterday.

We've won more more games than we've lost this season (in fact we've won 50% of our games)

We've scored more than we've conceded this season (in fact two thirds of our games we've kept a clean sheet)

We're in the top half of the table

We're two points outside a play off place and three outside the automatics

And yet based on a poor performance and result from just one single game, some people want to sack the manager. OK, yesterday was the worst we've played all season, but it was just one game. Can't we at least, in the first instance, give the manager and the team an opportunity to bounce back from that rather than demanding that heads roll?

Theyre just seeking attention mate 

Either that or they’ve been sat silently seething at the great start Moore has mad up to now just waiting for an opportunity to come out and have a pop at him

Either way it’s sad to see

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

I was at the match yesterday and have to admit, I was surprised at the way we failed to match the tenacity and penetration of Argyle who cut us open time and again and could easily have scored five. Argyle competed for the whole 95 minutes but I don’t think many Wednesdayites would say that about us, other than Bannan. 

It was a bad day at the office and has been rightly pointed out, we are only a couple of points off third place. However, we have only scored five goals in six league games and that tells its own story. Calls for DM to be sacked at this early stage are totally ridiculous,  but he knows as well as anybody that he has to get this team firing on all cylinders fairly promptly. I hope and trust he does - starting against Shrewsbury. 

• Love 1

Less panic, but certainly some concern.

I was hoping that the days of us turning up and putting in performances like that were over. Instead, despite 14 new players, we've churned out a performance similar to those of the previous eighteen months. 

The pressure is on already now. They had some goodwill and they're quickly wearing that thin. Another poor result/performance in the next few weeks and things will start to get nasty.

Two weeks on the training ground to work on things and we produce our worst performance of the season. Not great is it.