Let’s not panic.

4 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

it worries me if DM thinks playing it out from back away from home against teams that are hungry & want to beat us is the way forward. The players we have that are affective are our forwards so feed them the ball quick aggressively . 

What have you seen in our 5 goals from 7 games that suggests our forwards are effective?

• Like 1

Not panicking, but that today was nowhere near good enough, and on the back of the Morecambe result, cause for concern. 

Win next Saturday and all will be forgotten, but puts the pressure on that game now. 

We need to get back to having a go at teams, too pragmatic at times. 

Just now, striker said:

Not panicking, but that today was nowhere near good enough, and on the back of the Morecambe result, cause for concern. 

Win next Saturday and all will be forgotten, but puts the pressure on that game now. 

We need to get back to having a go at teams, too pragmatic at times. 

Absolutely , too much messing about at the back . I’d have 2 up top to be honest 

• Like 1

It's happened now,  it's how we react next game that matters. Players need to know in no uncertain times that there can be no repeats of such an abject performance, we've also got a decent size squad so need to use it and bench the worst culprits. 

If Shrewsbury get a result however, well then we're in a world of trouble. 

9 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

What have you seen in our 5 goals from 7 games that suggests our forwards are effective?

not liking playing to feet through middle,  need to get ball in box regularly to give them chances as opposed to playing through teams they aren't good enough to. 

33 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No coming back from that. Awful result. Sack him.

Again, if we're going to sack the Manager every time we have a bad result, we are going to get through a LOT of managers.......

There are question marks about Moore's tactical nous, I agree, but sacking him on the basis of one game is absurd. We'll just get someone else in who will struggle to turn us around, and then after the first bad result you'll want them gone as well. And the one after that and the one after that.......

Quite honestly, I think the time has come for a bit of continuity and stability. Based on what I've seen we wont get promoted, but we won't get relegated either. Perhaps, instead of expecting immediate success, we should work on establishing ourselves in L1, accepting there will be setbacks on the way.

2 minutes ago, Nick the Owl said:

It's happened now,  it's how we react next game that matters. Players need to know in no uncertain times that there can be no repeats of such an abject performance, we've also got a decent size squad so need to use it and bench the worst culprits. 

Shrewsbury, Our Perennial Bogie Team.Cannot remember the last time we beat them though i think it was in the 1983/84 Season.

7 minutes ago, Nick the Owl said:

This was the next game.

• Like 2

Need 10 to 12 games to assess fully but there are things that have been, or are, becoming clearer.

Firstly, playing out from the back has been sussed out and we don’t do it well (few do IMO). Secondly, we are too lightweight in centre midfield at times. Most importantly, we don’t put enough men in the box and don’t support the central striker.

Finally, we need to be mentally more aware and ready that teams will up their game against us. They are up for it as it’s one of their biggest games of the season - the 1970’s taught us that and it’s exactly the same today.