Overall Cost of Going Today

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

WTF

Have you heard yourself?? 🤣🤣

What exactly are you suggesting here?

We all go down to the training ground with fire and pitchforks waiting for them to get back and stabbing them in their faces wholst shouting “THIS WILL TEACH YOU TO LOSE AT PLYMOUTH”

ffs

lol

Can we have sponsored pitchforks for this? Only I spent my cash last night watching New Order at Heaton Park in Manchester 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ANDY said:

Train - 120

match ticket -26

foid/beer - 60

cheers Wednesday. Thanks for that. 

Don't waste your money again Andy they are not worth it, give it to a good cause, children's hospital, mcmillan etc, youle feel much better. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CalmJimmers said:

Any of our fans that went today - how much did it cost you overall (tickets, travel, food, drink, accomodation etc) for the day?

Might be worth getting the captain on the radio and ask if he thinks that was worth a few hundred quid and a 12 hour round journey.

It clearly was NOT and judging by the radio,those who went made there feelings known...I  made my choice already.

Not one penny to the Club from me,UNTIL the Chairman leaves..

• Like 1

Match tickets £60 

Fuel £100

Food / drink £45

Having the ghosts of Preston 2017 exorcised and replaced with something far worse - Priceless.

My problem is the way of the defeat. We’ve had 2 weeks a full 14 days with 99% of our players available to work on whatever in training.

I don’t recall their keeper making a save apart from the g/mouth scramble, when he made a worldly. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 1867tons said:

Match tickets £60 

Fuel £100

Food / drink £45

Having the ghosts of Preston 2017 exorcised and replaced with something far worse - Priceless.

My problem is the way of the defeat. We’ve had 2 weeks a full 14 days with 99% of our players available to work on whatever in training.

I don’t recall their keeper making a save apart from the g/mouth scramble, when he made a worldly. 

Smacked him in the chops didnt it?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

I don't get on board with this narrative of 'I've paid X, so expect Y'

This is sport at the end of the day. It sucks but it's all about the experience. 

Refunds for away fans should never happen.

I honestly don’t think the OP is suggesting we should expect a refund or is asking for one, I think it’s more about VFM, and that today fell well short. 

There has to be a direct correlation with amount spent (both in time and money) / performance pitch = ******** outright disappointment. 

When the players came over to fans at the end, I for one clapped them. I don’t know why. I think I’m trying to play my part and thought at that moment that was a better way for me to contribute than offer a ******** sign and hurl abuse. 

A lot of others did, but more didn’t. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 1867tons said:

I honestly don’t think the OP is suggesting we should expect a refund or is asking for one, I think it’s more about VFM, and that today fell well short. 

There has to be a direct correlation with amount spent (both in time and money) / performance pitch = ******** outright disappointment. 

When the players came over to fans at the end, I for one clapped them. I don’t know why. I think I’m trying to play my part and thought at that moment that was a better way for me to contribute than offer a ******** sign and hurl abuse. 

A lot of others did, but more didn’t. 

That's the problem, there isn't - not for us, not for any club or fanbase. 

Credit to all the fans that went - in no way was I having a go at the fans. I hope they stayed over and are having 65 well deserved beers on the coast

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Credit to all the fans that went - in no way was I having a go at the fans. I hope they stayed over and are having 65 well deserved beers on the coast

Torquay or Brixham hopefully

Not Paington - that place sucks ass

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

I wasn’t suggesting you were having a go at the fans Owls2k, not at all, but I know I felt a great deal less despair following defeat at Morcambe than I did today.   We were unlucky against morcambe and should have won.  I didn’t go, it didn’t cost me anything so I felt ok (ish).  

I most certainly don’t after today. 

Still planning on going to Wigan though 😂😂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 1867tons said:

I wasn’t suggesting you were having a go at the fans Owls2k, not at all, but I know I felt a great deal less despair following defeat at Morcambe than I did today.   We were unlucky against morcambe and should have won.  I didn’t go, it didn’t cost me anything so I felt ok (ish).  

I most certainly don’t after today. 

Still planning on going to Wigan though 😂😂

I have flashbacks to Wigan, Hutch playing as a second striker. 

I'd had 1 warm Budwiser (horrific beer) from the frankie and benny's and was convinced it had been laced with numerous illegal Class As when I saw Hutch up that end of the pitch. 

Good point on Morecambe thought - it's different (but sometimes equally annoying) coming from a ground where you've been robbed - or on another time soundly beaten.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

I have flashbacks to Wigan, Hutch playing as a second striker. 

I'd had 1 warm Budwiser (horrific beer) from the frankie and benny's and was convinced it had been laced with numerous illegal Class As when I saw Hutch up that end of the pitch. 

Good point on Morecambe thought - it's different (but sometimes equally annoying) coming from a ground where you've been robbed - or on another time soundly beaten.

😂 nightmare days.
But it’s not like we have a choice. Wednesday chose us and we have to keep doing it 😂UTO 

14 hours ago, Owls2k said:

I don't get on board with this narrative of 'I've paid X, so expect Y'

This is sport at the end of the day. It sucks but it's all about the experience. 

Refunds for away fans should never happen.

Honesty buckets on the exits… pay for what you’ve seen😂