PLYMOUTH ARGYLE ~v~ WEDNESDAY OMDT

Be interesting to see the team sheet today.

Difficult to judge against Newcastle youngsters, but I thought the midfield balance looked good with a play maker ( Wing ) and two powerful runners next to him ( Dele Bashiru and Adeniran). 

Not suggesting we should drop Bannan, but I am not sure Bannan and Wing have clicked yet.

Great to have so many options, something I didn't expect at the end of last season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VictoryBell said:

I'm with you, Snoots. I never trust good news, either. I used to be an optimist but I broke my programming years and years ago.

Come on Wednesday - confound my expectations.

I have it on good authority that they are always DM's last pre-match words..

"Get out there chaps and confound expectations" 😁

Come on Wednesday!

• Haha 1

Imagine we'll keep it tight and hopefully take the chances that will come our way - we need to be more clinical.

A win would a sign of intent; draw ok, but a second loss on the bounce would be a concern and set back.

On this basis a 2-0 win for me.

• Like 3

Excellent article your Lordship, an enjoyable read as always.

I must point out that Agard was a free agent no longer with MK Dons, and if he was he wouldn't have been allowed to join Plymouth outside of the transfer window. Hopefully, he'll be a bit behind in fitness as a result.

Need a win today and should do so 1-2.

• Like 1

Cheers for that, Snooty. Let's hope the untimely arrival of Lady S isn't an omen of things to come for Wednesday, right? 😆

It really is remarkable how things suddenly turned around.. I remember one week concerns over unpaid wages and suddenly a few days later, things cleared and we just went from one good signing to the next. Knowing our recent years, I'm half expecting a backlash, not daring to fully enjoy what's going on at the club, but really, it's just too good not to.

So, come on you magnificent blue and white wizards, up the Owls!!!

Plymouth won't know what hit them!lol

• Like 1

Not an easy game, but on paper we should have more than enough to win this game. 

Plymouth a decent team, had an indifferent start, but capable of playing some good stuff. 

A draw  wouldn't surprise me, but we've had a good break to recharge and work on the training ground. That should work in our favour, spirits in the camp seem high and we should be raring to go and kick on from what's been a decent start. 

Can't call the team, plenty of good options, including up front now, for a change. 

1-3 to Wednesday.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

image.png.3f55841e3a27dd525fe5dd795bb0736d.png

It's actually getting harder. No, it is really. I mean, it's easy to unleash the stream when it's all going backside over bosom. But when it's like this. When it's... all positive , I almost don't know what to do with myself. Every word that comes out of the camp is positive. This week we have Moore praising the players. Hutchinson is in the press saying that even compared to the nearly team of four years ago that gave us so many memorable nights that this squad is better. The best even.  

There's no talk of people being "frozen out".  There's no talk of "bad eggs" . All those side shows and distractions like "Bicycle-gate", they're all a thing of the past.  

We've got players who are giving their all and playing some lovely football.  We're up near the top of the table.  It's all, well, so... Un-Wednesday like. 

I click the paper articles. Good news. Great news. Click the video links, the boys at training , laughing and joking but clearly doing the hard yards. 

It's all going so well. Of course, I wait, we all wait -We're Wednesday fans after all- for the inevitable horror story to emerge.  But at the moment. I don't see where that is going to come from.  Ok, there's the Christmas party to come, and that's something which can always lead to fall out. But even then, I'm expecting this season they'll probably all go for a nice meal. Be tucked up early in bed and demolish Burton on Boxing day. 

Yes, these are strange times to be an Owl. Of course, there's that small part at the back of the old brain. The whispering voice that never leaves us Wednesdayites , the voice that says "It'll all turn to manure in your hands." But even that dissonant whisper  in the back of the bean has been silenced this season.  A balanced squad of good eggs. Good football. Young players out on lone honing their skills and gaining vital experience. 

It's all...it's all so good, and genuinely, I don't know what to do with myself. I don't.   We've spent all but a couple of seasons in battle mode. Always preparing mentally for the worst. Now... I'm not sure I remember how to enjoy these moments.  It's all going so well. So , so well. I mean to say, we've not even got into 3rd gear yet either. It's just all going so swimmingly. 

How are you all coping?

Perhaps, I might even get used to all this positivity , smiling faces. Fun. Good news!

I'm lazing around the house, starting to think that maybe, maybe this is going to be one of our best years. Most fun years of all.

image.png.401b50bf529a6470a952588c3617590e.png

"Sir. Lady S has arrived home from her travels."

"Oh FFS!"

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE

~v~

WEDNESDAY

image.png.1eb8613ef49abe247531c36742450586.png

Sky Bet League One
Saturday 11th September 2021

Kick off: 3:00pm 

Home Park

PLYMOUTH

Plymouth manager Ryan lowe is not expected to make any changes for the visit of his former club Sheffield Wednesday , though the Pilgrims have strengthened their squad this week with the signing of former Rotherham striker Kieran Agard on a short term loan from MK Dons.

image.png.f4d4b002c73475df65205306b4d5fb20.png

WEDNESDAY

Owls boss Darren Moore has an embarrassment of riches to pick from in the wide areas, with Mide Shodipo back in contention to fight it out for places with Calum Paterson, Marvin Johnson, Jaden Brown , Theo Corbeanu and Sylla Sow!

Sam Hutchinson is expected to return at centre half.

image.png.15573c4f531df0f0fab1f5d63eb921cc.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

image.png.4e92c114e86bc03bbbce3a4f8d404a35.png

COME

ON

WEDNESDAY

owls-swfc.gif

I cant deal with such positivity...1 nil defeat incoming 

• Haha 2