SWFC vs Cardiff City (u23’s) this morning

33 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Amazingly we had a triallist on the bench who didn't come on (or hadnt when I left with about 10 minutes to go ).......though having seen him in the  half time kick about I can understand why.....I'm sure they just get em in to make up the numbers .

Exactly and that's the standard we are looking at and we wonder why no league club wants to take any of our young players.

now what little we had at u23 level are loaned out this u23 team will do well to avoid finishing bottom . a lot before season started stated on here that our u23s would do well in league 1? hows that didnt they finish bottom in u23s last season and there is a massive gulf in levels . most things at the club are looking much better  but im hoping  d moore will make decisions on u23 setup and have a huge reset . need proper academy coaches and better quality young players if not its no point in having an u23 setup. 

7 hours ago, torryowl said:

The keeper had a decent game And zottos looked lively after that struggling to name  anyone who impressed .we looked a very poor side.

These lads will get better. Bit of patience required. Same thing happened last season. 

Only been allowed at the training ground for the 1st time this week and been told on good authority that they are only training two hours a day at the moment.

They are paying the price of poor facilities and they are weeks behind other teams.

Understandable but can’t be easy. We need to get back in the championship and take it from there.

• Like 4

It seems so obvious that you shouldn't have to state it. But, "you can't have players out on loan and others filling in and still expect results to flow" This is not about results but developing a natural flow of progression. It requires time and patience; Some will flounder, some will develop and there will be a turnover of staff. It's a long game at every level of our structure with steady and consistent growth the key; The results tend to be imposters that should take second place to individual development. A little patience please ? 

22 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

It seems so obvious that you shouldn't have to state it. But, "you can't have players out on loan and others filling in and still expect results to flow" This is not about results but developing a natural flow of progression. It requires time and patience; Some will flounder, some will develop and there will be a turnover of staff. It's a long game at every level of our structure with steady and consistent growth the key; The results tend to be imposters that should take second place to individual development. A little patience please ? 

Bang on. 

On 10/09/2021 at 10:36, @owlstalk said:

Render, Brennan, Agbontohoma, Hughes, Dawodu, Aguas, Farmer, Glover, Trueman, Bonnington, Adedoyin

Subs: Hall, Zottos, Trialist, Davidson, Thompson

Appreciate you posting posting these updates. Would it be possible for you or someone from the club to post a day or two before the home games with details like location and kick off time please?

Just tempted to go to the odd game if can make it. Thank you

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jonesy87shef said:

Appreciate you posting posting these updates. Would it be possible for you or someone from the club to post a day or two before the home games with details like location and kick off time please?

Just tempted to go to the odd game if can make it. Thank you

will do my best

Ive been in London this week rushing about and not online much but will try and sort it moving forward 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

will do my best

Ive been in London this week rushing about and not online much but will try and sort it moving forward 

Thank you. I’m guessing I could find it myself, but don’t tend to go looking for announcements. 

It’d be good if the clubs social media accounts pushed these matches a little more in the day or two before. Maybe they do, but I don’t tend to see them.

8 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Thank you. I’m guessing I could find it myself, but don’t tend to go looking for announcements. 

It’d be good if the clubs social media accounts pushed these matches a little more in the day or two before. Maybe they do, but I don’t tend to see them.

Well, there are certainly fixtures on club's official site.

U-18's are today playing Bristol City at home.

• Like 1