The Matrix part 4

Adem Poric

Trailer didn't do much for me and I'm not sure why. Thought the aesthetic looked weird? Then again I don't envy trying to fit something so aggressively 2000's looking to modern standards. Would be like trying to remake Swordfish. 

2 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Trailer didn't do much for me and I'm not sure why. Thought the aesthetic looked weird? Then again I don't envy trying to fit something so aggressively 2000's looking to modern standards. Would be like trying to remake Swordfish. 

It looked like some of it was completely ripped from the original. Are they trying to show some kind of time loop or alternate universe Matrix? Agree it had an overall very strange look.

I'll watch it, cant be as bad as the third one.

Edited by Adem Poric

1 hour ago, Adem Poric said:

It looked like some of it was completely ripped from the original. Are they trying to show some kind of time loop or alternate universe Matrix? Agree it had an overall very strange look.

I'll watch it, cant be as bad as the third one.

I thought that.  all the scenes you know from past Matrix's checked off the list in the trailer.

Its that long since ive been to a cinema ill prob go out of desperation

6 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's weird, as the original was my favourite film when I was 15-16, but I have absolutely no interest in this whatsoever.

The trailer just confirms what I felt while watching the sequels: they should have stopped after the first one.

I was so hyped for the sequels originally. In hindsight they should have just left it without trying to explain what happened after. The third film was so bad it tarnished the first film.

• Like 2

Hollywood is creatively bankrupt.

The original is one of the great action films.

The sequels kinda suck, but they complete the trilogy and had enough redeemable qualities about them.

• Like 2

The matrix was the best film made in that era for me. Sums up the 'franchise' now that I don't know much about this film and have little interest in re watching the original. 

The terminators 1 and 2 especially I could still watch everyday for a year and not get bored of