DM - Plymouth Presser

1 hour ago, S72 Owl said:

Don’t like the fact that all our loan players could be re-called in January. 

Would just be our luck.

I genuinely can’t see any of them being recalled. 

I understand why people worry but I genuinely don’t think there’s any need. 

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Can't see our loan players going back to their clubs if they're unlikely to get much game time. The only question could be if a club came in with a big bid for one of them in the January window. Could happen I suppose with BPF. Otherwise it's clear he likes it here.

I just remember when we had Barkley and Wickham, 2 good loan signings who then both went to Leeds on loan in January

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

I put this down to Darren Moore.

He hasn’t achieved anything at the club yet (and he might not) but from the outside looking in he appears to be a good man manager and listening to people who play for or have played for him, he appears to be a manager players want to play for.

You really can’t underestimate how important a good dressing room is. The players enjoy their football and a real team ethic develops. I remember listening to Chris Waddle talk about the side we had in the early 90’s and he said that we didn’t have the best players (although granted we had a handful of excellent ones) but the atmosphere in the dressing room was excellent and took the side a long way.

I’m not for one second trying to compare this side with the one we had back then, just making a point on how important it is to have a good dressing room.

Long may it continue.

It’s not just important, it’s the difference between success and failure. This is what has been missing for years, with too little precedent placed on it. It’s a team, nay squad game, where synergy, team work are more important than individual skills. Obviously, the higher level you get, skill and athleticism come into play, but not ahead of team spirit, courage and togetherness.

Edited by Pieman
  • Like 1

Been confirmed today by Moore himself. 

I just remember when we had Barkley and Wickham, 2 good loan signings who then both went to Leeds on loan in January

The players do have some say in it. It's not just down to the club, although they do have the greater sway. If a loan player is getting game time, in the right positions and the parent club feels they are getting the right kind of coaching and care and, that the player themselves are enjoying their time here, it doesn't mean they will be recalled and moved to another club.

The positive atmosphere will be in our favour too. Moore has a good reputation in football and that will also help. Come January we'll see what happens, but for now we have them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Willie Henderson said:

Just on the BPF comment alone

....we look forward to seeing him and catching up with him tomorrow.

I think that speaks volumes of the togetherness of this squad, it's definitely got a family feeling about it, with DM the firm but fair dad.

Proper cockle warming.

Goes hand in hand with SH's comment.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

DM: It's a real positive to have Hutch available to us. Mide [Shodipo] is ready and he's back in the squad and available for selection. He's a real threat, has wonderful ability and having him back in those attacking positions is a real plus for the team.

DM: Saido has looked really sharp. He has been brilliant in training and we are glad to have him in.

DM: Bailey seems to be getting stronger and we look forward to seeing him and catching up with him tomorrow. He has been excellent, his performances have been excellent and he's made some remarkable saves.

DM: It's been good to get some work into the players this week, the window has closed now and we've had a really good week on the training ground.

DM: The work Ryan [Lowe] has done at Plymouth is excellent, you can see that. It will be a really tough game, fast, quick, full of energy. They have a wonderful support base and added with our travelling supporters, there will be a wonderful atmosphere.

DM: We are really pleased with the loans; we know with Cam [Dawson], he needs to play games. It's great for him to play games, keep clean sheet and win Player of the Month.

DM: We had eyes on Alex Hunt last week and I was really pleased for him to get the winning goal. Putting him in that environment will only do him good and we'll be looking to do that with more of the young lads.

DM: When you have a rebuild, you want to get on the training ground together, let them know what is expected of them, get the work in.. This period of time has allowed us quality time on the training pitches.

Plus one from Sam:

SH: "The atmosphere now is the best we’ve had. The club has had a whole reset, we have fresh faces, young blood and big characters..."

We should just go for it tmw

BPF

Palmer.    Iorfa.   Hutch.   Johnson

Dennis Waterman

Byers.        Bannan

Corbeanu.    Berahino.     Shodipo

10 nil

31 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

We should just go for it tmw

BPF

Palmer.    Iorfa.   Hutch.   Johnson

Dennis Waterman

Byers.        Bannan

Corbeanu.    Berahino.     Shodipo

10 nil

Especially with this geezer in midfield!

download.jpeg

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Only problem is if championship clubs decide they will take them for 6 months.

I would be surprised if other clubs wasn’t interested. But I would also be genuinely surprised if they wanted to go as I feel we have something here that they all want to be part of, and I would also be surprised if DM and the all new DC won’t have something in the contract saying they can’t be recalled. 

just my opinion of course.