DM - Plymouth Presser

50 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

If Saido's fit I want him on the bench at the very least. 

Not many players with his quality or former reputation and value end up in League One - even after "troubled" careers. And he's still only 28. Everyone he's playing against probably watched him bag 20 for West Brom in the Prem. We've got a lot of good players but I've a feeling Berahino might bring a fear factor that nobody else in our team, or anybody else's in the division has. 

agree with this, either going to be a very good signing or a shocker. Heart says good , head has doubts . 

either way yes at the least for tomorrow on the bench , think realistically give him half hour . Start with Gregory , bring him on . 

2 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

agree with this, either going to be a very good signing or a shocker. Heart says good , head has doubts . 

either way yes at the least for tomorrow on the bench , think realistically give him half hour . Start with Gregory , bring him on . 

Hate to break it to you, but today si only Thursday mate, the game is Saturday not tomorrow 😝

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ChapSmurf said:

SH: "The atmosphere now is the best we’ve had. The club has had a whole reset, we have fresh faces, young blood and big characters..."

I put this down to Darren Moore.

He hasn’t achieved anything at the club yet (and he might not) but from the outside looking in he appears to be a good man manager and listening to people who play for or have played for him, he appears to be a manager players want to play for.

You really can’t underestimate how important a good dressing room is. The players enjoy their football and a real team ethic develops. I remember listening to Chris Waddle talk about the side we had in the early 90’s and he said that we didn’t have the best players (although granted we had a handful of excellent ones) but the atmosphere in the dressing room was excellent and took the side a long way.

I’m not for one second trying to compare this side with the one we had back then, just making a point on how important it is to have a good dressing room.

Long may it continue.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Don’t like the fact that all our loan players could be re-called in January. 

Would just be our luck.

Can't see our loan players going back to their clubs if they're unlikely to get much game time. The only question could be if a club came in with a big bid for one of them in the January window. Could happen I suppose with BPF. Otherwise it's clear he likes it here.

9 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Don’t like the fact that all our loan players could be re-called in January. 

Would just be our luck.

Here, let me top your pint up, you seem to think it's half empty.

(I've not seen anything about a new year recall clause. Although it might be the case.)

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

On Saido Berahino

When I was playing as one of the more senior pros at West Brom, Saido was in the academy and we met back then. Being here as a manager I just wanted to bring him back. I know his game, I know the potential that is within him, he’s only 28 and there’s been signs that I’ve seen why I wanted to bring him here. He’s a clean finisher and has a wonderful knowledge of the game. I’m enjoying working with him and getting him integrated with the squad.

As a man, he’s a caring individual. He’s a team player and understands the dynamics of football. The past has gone, he’s older and more mature. He’s got a thirst for the game and I had no hesitation to bring him here. I know him and I’m pleased he’s on board. He has a wonderful young family and I’m looking forward to him putting the ball in the net for Sheffield Wednesday and becoming a hero here.

Mentioned it before

IF those problems are behind him we have not seen a striker of Berahino’s type and quality at Hillsborough for donkeys years