Let's Take A Retain Check

9 minutes ago, daleblue said:

It seems we have more light shaded areas in the final 1/4 of our circle, what does this indicate?

Is it players leaving at the end of the Season or is it just a pretty shady segmenty thing.

Looks to me like it's each segment being a player with dark: still at club, light: left club with the size being % of minutes played.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Bannan 46 games 

Paterson 43 games
Windass 41 games

Palmer 39 games

Total 169 games

Team total 46 x 11 = 506 games

169/506 = 33% of available minutes

Ok so it’s simplified and slightly overstating the number in that not all of those are full appearances as some will have been subbed off, but you get the drift.

Not sure how you can say it’s not correct.

No, sorry, you're bang on... the genius over here was adding substitute minutes on to the total rather than, you know... substituting them...

22 minutes ago, daleblue said:

It seems we have more light shaded areas in the final 1/4 of our circle, what does this indicate?

Is it players leaving at the end of the Season or is it just a pretty shady segmenty thing.

Each lighter segment represents a player who's left the club.

So a lot of bit-part players left this summer.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Thanks to @WalworthOwl for posting the link already.

I had last year's 'squad churn' already saved, as I think I posted it this time last year, too:

1593970818_SquadChurn2020.png.e84ac7434dde268bb22fe72bf454a478.png

The previous seasons' data is still on there, too.

Our percentage of the previous season's league minutes completed by players still at our club read:

2019:

74%

2018:

77%

2017:

93%

2016:

91%

2015:

64%

This summer's 42% is unprecedented for us in recent times, but represents a much-needed break from the past, I'd say.

Looks like the squad churn is massively higher this year for many clubs. 18 of the 24 clubs in our league had a higher squad churn than any club the year before. Is that due to covid or is it due to a lower league level, I wonder. 

• Like 1