Charles Hagan

10 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

For a squad player who played some first team friendlies that is a big step down.  Not sure I see any benefit playing clogger football in league 6.

I suppose this is maybe because the loan window is now shut within the EFL but it does seem sad that many of our players are dropping so far down the leagues for their loan moves. 

Nevertheless I suppose any competitive game time is good time and if he really impresses he can make a move up with his next loan move in January. In the meantime I’d wish him good luck with his Hampton.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

For a squad player who played some first team friendlies that is a big step down.  Not sure I see any benefit playing clogger football in league 6.

Bit of a reality check for people who said some of these young lads are ready for the first team a couple of months ago.

Nevertheless men’s football even at level 6 trumps U’23s.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Bit of a reality check for people who said some of these young lads are ready for the first team a couple of months ago.

Nevertheless men’s football even at level 6 trumps U’23s.

Yep, a few on here were tipping him for the first team not so long ago.

The fact that he's off out on loan to the sixth tier of English football suggests perhaps he's not ready for that just yet.

If he's ordinary at that level that's fine, it says he's not at the right level for us. If he rips the league apart then he will be in demand at a higher level.

Whatever happens he will be a better player for it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, prowl said:

If he's ordinary at that level that's fine, it says he's not at the right level for us. If he rips the league apart then he will be in demand at a higher level.

Whatever happens he will be a better player for it.

It’s a very different type of football though. Very direct, not a lot of quality. Not sure chasing into corners and having back to the goal as missiles come from the centre backs is a test as to whether the kid has quality for the top 3 leagues. 

59 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

It'll prepare him for the Scottish Premier League when he moves to Celtic on a free.

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

It’s a very different type of football though. Very direct, not a lot of quality. Not sure chasing into corners and having back to the goal as missiles come from the centre backs is a test as to whether the kid has quality for the top 3 leagues. 

He will need to find a way. If he has the quality it will come through.

Players who are a class above those around them shine at every level.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The fact that he's off out on loan to the sixth tier of English football suggests perhaps he's not ready for that just yet.

I'll admit, I thought he'd get plenty of game time this year, but that was more out of necessity than choice I wasn't expecting such a good pre season recruitment and sizable influx of good players coming in, especially in the wide areas he plays in. 

• Like 3

A player wanted by teams in the premier league before resigning with us, he is unable to get a loan to a league team due to the poor timing of this loan by us and the window being shut but no one in the conference is interested.

I do hope when he returns in January and hopefully is signed to a contract extension longer than 12 months we plan ahead with the youth players and get him out on loan to a better quality of league.

Good look to the lad but if he goes out and scores a hatful the excuse will be what did you expect its the 6th division.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, prowl said:

He will need to find a way. If he has the quality it will come through.

Players who are a class above those around them shine at every level.

It'll help Moore Find out what mentality the lad has.  Bit of a reality check playing with guys that also have jobs in the real world, see if he applies himself and wants to boss that diviosn, or if he just coasts through with a laugh and a shoulder shrug. 

You look at the likes of becham, fergie had him loaned out to conference teams and then up through the leagues. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Or it suggest that little to no planning by the owls for youth players once again, that we left it until the last minute and the window for league football had shut.

The premier league teams that wanted to sign him in the summer before he agree to stay here did not want him to be playing a league below the conference.

• Haha 1