Ryan Lowe, Wednesday legend

Did a great job for us, scored some key goals in the 11/12 Promotion, great bloke who has always spoken highly of Wednesday since, it would have been easy for him to feel bitter at not being given a chance in the Championship but he didn't. Clearly a good manager and will get a good reception from the Wednesday fans I'm sure.

Legends 

1. Derek Dooley 2. Harry Catterick ( best manager) 3. Chris Waddle 4. Ron Springett 4. John Fantham 5. David Hirst 6. Mel (Zico) Sterland 7. Terry Curran (as he put bums on seats) in that order IMO and yes I am showing my age but keep in mind majority of these were 1st Division ie Premier League players.

Plus a manager who could have took us to the pinnacle of English football.
If only the directors had the balls to back him but alas they would not spend so he went to a club that did and didn’t they do good.

20 hours ago, Dan™ said:

Gregory reminds me of what we got with Lowe. Hopefully he continues to have the same impact because Ryan was a huge influence on our promotion last time out.

I'm really surprised to read he only played 26 games though.

I'm surprised he played that many. Need to stop drinking before the game. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, owlsruleok said:

Legends 

1. Derek Dooley 2. Harry Catterick ( best manager) 3. Chris Waddle 4. Ron Springett 4. John Fantham 5. David Hirst 6. Mel (Zico) Sterland 7. Terry Curran (as he put bums on seats) in that order IMO and yes I am showing my age but keep in mind majority of these were 1st Division ie Premier League players.

Plus a manager who could have took us to the pinnacle of English football.
If only the directors had the balls to back him but alas they would not spend so he went to a club that did and didn’t they do good.

Interesting comments about Catterick so I’m wondering where Wilkinson and Atkinson fit in to your list?

On 09/09/2021 at 08:40, Daniele Giovanni said:

Plymouth manager Ryan Lowe, only played 26 games and scored 8 goals for us, but loved his attitude and commitment, good luck Ryan at Plymouth, starting after the Wednesday game obviously

Never ceases to amaze me how low some peoples bar is set. This is the most idiotic overuse of the term legend Ive ever heard and only diminishes the meaning of true club legends like Dooley Waddle Hirst Nielsen etc etc.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Never ceases to amaze me how low some peoples bar is set. This is the most idiotic overuse of the term legend Ive ever heard and only diminishes the meaning of true club legends like Dooley Waddle Hirst Nielsen etc etc.

Loosen that Jockstrap, blood flow to brain is essential, you 'Owlstalk Leg end' 

On 09/09/2021 at 08:40, Daniele Giovanni said:

Plymouth manager Ryan Lowe, only played 26 games and scored 8 goals for us, but loved his attitude and commitment, good luck Ryan at Plymouth, starting after the Wednesday game obviously

legend.??

Wouldn’t say that.The term is used very loosely these days.
another example ….Bullen.   he s not either