Ticket Site - "Ticket Exceeds Limit set by SWFC"

Sounds very much like an issue at the club end - but on the offchance, just in case you’ve tried to ‘add to basket’ too many times and/or something has gone wrong with your browser/mouse clicks etc, I’d also try deleting your browser cookies cache. In rare cases it might be registering that you’ve tried to add like a dozen tickets to your basket, cumulatively, one at a time over multiple subsequent goes, or whatever.

Seems unlikely here as you’d clearly had this issue from the start, but worth a go. Bear in mind clearing your cookie cache will also delete any logins, passwords etc stored in the browser, so write down any you’re unsure of before you do it.

14 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

This

18 minutes ago, Doghouse Daz said:

If you haven't a season ticket or membership, general sale is on Friday 10th. Probably why that error code is coming up. Try again on Friday. 

Yes guys I think this is the problem!  I seem to recall having the same problem for the first home match of the season and the problem resolves itself when they go on general sale.  You would think that the system response would say something a little more intelligent, such as "tickets are not yet on general sale" !!

3 minutes ago, Kevan said:

Yes guys I think this is the problem!  I seem to recall having the same problem for the first home match of the season and the problem resolves itself when they go on general sale.  You would think that the system response would say something a little more intelligent, such as "tickets are not yet on general sale" !!

Yep, terrible this new ticketing site. I'd much rather travel down and use the ticket office. Or potg if I'm taking more of the grandkids. 

2 hours ago, Kevan said:

Is anyone able to help with this "error message" I'm getting on the ticket site.

I'm purchasing an Over 

The quantity of tickets owned by Kevan **** exceeds limit set by SWFC.  To resolve, click 'Assign owners' and assign some of the tickets to other owners.

Your surname has fallen foul of the Owlstalk swear filter?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kevan said:

You would think that the system response would say something a little more intelligent, such as "tickets are not yet on general sale" !!

you mean like this bit on the OS ticket details section 

68B76159-E3C1-41C5-8D0F-475F057843BE.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kevan said:

Is anyone able to help with this "error message" I'm getting on the ticket site.

I'm purchasing an Over 65 ticket for myself (my date of birth is clearly shown in my personal details, and has been for over 25 years so proving my age) and the website gives the response 

"

The quantity of tickets owned by Kevan **** exceeds limit set by SWFC.  To resolve, click 'Assign owners' and assign some of the tickets to other owners.

As I'm only buying one ticket, the message  doesn't make sense.  Has anyone else come across this issue and found a way to resolve it?

Kick it in the bôllox and try again 👌

1 hour ago, ANDY said:

you mean like this bit on the OS ticket details section 

68B76159-E3C1-41C5-8D0F-475F057843BE.jpeg

That's all very well, but if you just sign straight in to the ticket website, you don't see those details.  Surely a response from the system stating that tickets are not yet on general sale, but will be on a given date, would be helpful.  Just another example of the management of the supporter / customer interface not working as it should.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

Kick it in the bôllox and try again 👌

It should surely say that when you try and book it rather then the generic error message. Or, better still, the system knows membership status etc so just don’t show it as an option to purchase 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kevan said:

That's all very well, but if you just sign straight in to the ticket website, you don't see those details.  Surely a response from the system stating that tickets are not yet on general sale, but will be on a given date, would be helpful.  Just another example of the management of the supporter / customer interface not working as it should.

Absolutely 

13 hours ago, Kevan said:

I'm purchasing an Over 65 ticket for myself (my date of birth is clearly shown in my personal details, and has been for over 25 years so proving my age) and the website gives the response 

"

As I'm only buying one ticket, the message  doesn't make sense.  Has anyone else come across this issue and found a way to resolve it?

I had a similar issue and it was the date of birth not being set correctly even though it was displayed - also there was a fault on the system and it wouldn't allow you to set it - I messages the SWFC account on twitter and they sorted it within 10 minutes and I was able to change the DOB and then order the relevant ticket - hope that helps

Edited by S25OWL

Guest mrbluesky
22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Its the same in most venues for most things now that mate 

For football, it isn't, I've been told they are going to deactivate this on the website due to the amount of complaints, I could understand it if we sold out, just to add you can go to the TO and buy singles.

Madness.

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, Mr Meadows said:

Sites poo , wanted 2 seats on a certain row, but I can’t buy them as it leaves one spare seat at side

Whoever thought this was a good idea want's, well you know what!🙄

1 minute ago, mrbluesky said:

For football, it isn't, I've been told they are going to deactivate this on the website due to the amount of complaints, I could understand it if we sold out, just to add you can go to the TO and buy singles.

Madness.

Ah cool that’s a good outcome then  👍👍

Owlstalk Shop