On this day in 2019 - Garry Monk…

19 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Third in the Championship until we started not paying players on time…

Indeed but we didn't have any problem players until GM arrived then our best performers from the previous 3 or 4 season where alienated from the side. The down turn happened when Westwood, Hutch, Forestieri etc were not allowed to play.

Yet role forward to Darren Moore and Hutch was a started in virtually every game and has signed a new deal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Rowett is a decent manager, probably better than Monk but he wouldn't have done any better than Monk last season.

He wouldn't have allowed our best players to get to the last few months of their contract without resigning them, he would not have called our best players bad influences and force them to train away from the first team.

Players like Forestieri who would have added that bit of quality to keep us up and of course with a different manager we would have signed a striker not 4 midfielders with less goals in them than we had at the club. 

All i say to you is Elis Kachunga possible to worst signing for a long time, Kadeem Harris playing 40+ games when he could hit a barn door from 2 yards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, room0035 said:

He wouldn't have allowed our best players to get to the last few months of their contract without resigning them, he would not have called our best players bad influences and force them to train away from the first team.

Players like Forestieri who would have added that bit of quality to keep us up and of course with a different manager we would have signed a striker not 4 midfielders with less goals in them than we had at the club. 

All i say to you is Elis Kachunga possible to worst signing for a long time, Kadeem Harris playing 40+ games when he could hit a barn door from 2 yards.

Bruce signed Harris.

Do you really think Monk made the decision to not give Fletcher and Fox a new contract .  No, those players turned down contract offers - no shock, given they werent being paid.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Indeed but we didn't have any problem players until GM arrived then our best performers from the previous 3 or 4 season where alienated from the side. The down turn happened when Westwood, Hutch, Forestieri etc were not allowed to play.

Yet role forward to Darren Moore and Hutch was a started in virtually every game and has signed a new deal.

In L1

45 minutes ago, room0035 said:

😂😂😂😂 yeah course he would. He didn’t even want to play for us when we had a good team and everyone was being paid so there’s no chance of him rolling his sleeves up when it mattered. Even Bannan went public in saying he’s lazy and doesn’t try hard enough in training.

The only way he would have had the quality to keep us up is if the EFL started giving points out for skipping instead of winning football games.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Forestieri was far gone in a Wednesday shirt regardless of who the manager was.

Should have been sold two years prior to Monk joining.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, 83owl said:

In L1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Crazy post.

"Didn't have any problem players until GM arrived"  -  aside from Westwood and Hutchinson who were exiled under Jos, FF who refused to play etc etc.

When we did recall the dynamic duo our goals conceded went up, and we went from 23rd to 24th in the league.

• Like 2

A cracking start and then that fatal Boxing Day game at Stoke... 

Matters off the pitch was disastrous and Monk took the heavy load. I didn't like his style of football but there's an argument for there being limitations to what could have been deployed with the group of players available.

A tough, tough gig.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

This had been our main problem for years. We just didnt have enough goals in the team. I still think that this is the case, however our defence will step up this year and help us to many 1-0 wins.

Kadeem Harris being played week in week out was nothing short of criminal.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, steelerian said:

This had been our main problem for years. We just didnt have enough goals in the team. I still think that this is the case, however our defence will step up this year and help us to many 1-0 wins.

Kadeem Harris being played week in week out was nothing short of criminal.

Speaks volumes that Harris still doesn’t have a club.

The lad tried but was a really poor player. I do hope he gets fixed up somewhere. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Bruce signed Harris.

Do you really think Monk made the decision to not give Fletcher and Fox a new contract .  No, those players turned down contract offers - no shock, given they werent being paid.

Thanks for the update cannot remember saying Monk signed Harris only that he played him 40+ games.

What testicles in this thread. 

Monk was poo . He’s never won anything as a manager. 

This poo about players not being paid was in Monk’s second season. In his first, once he had time to implement his ideas, he took the team from 3rd to practically relegation. 

Stop trying to rewrite history. 

The bad eggs thing promoted by Joss. Didn’t seem to stop Bruce getting results with those players. 

Monk is a bad manager and the fact he is still unemployed proves it. 

Edited by jamthesun
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Andrew_Owl said:

I still wonder what happened that boxing day in stoke 

Thing is we followed that up with a great win at Leeds. 

Chansiri’s fuckwittery definitely contributed to that season collapsing, but I also don’t think Monk did himself any favours either- the form was absolutely terrible for about 10 months.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Thing is we followed that up with a great win at Leeds. 

Chansiri’s fuckwittery definitely contributed to that season collapsing, but I also don’t think Monk did himself any favours either- the form was absolutely terrible for about 10 months.

After losses against Cardiff and hull

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jim said:

Almost a year out of work and no sniff of a return elsewhere. Be amazed if we see him as a manager again.

Maybe we’re still paying him off, or was he just on a rolling one year contract? I’ll be very surprised if he gets another Championship job though. He probably needs to go to L1 or L2 to rebuild his career