Wednesday fans in Plymouth end

3 hours ago, wakefieldowl said:

As an aside, can anyone remember PA coming to hillsborough for a night game when they had sturrock?

They brought a superb following that night considering the distance............. and deserved the win

Akos Buszaky produced one of the best displays I’ve seen from an opposition player. Absolutely bossed the midfield that night.

4 hours ago, Chris Apolon said:

Seems there will be plenty of owls fans about and I'm not sure Plymouth are too known for their kicking off

I'm wondering if there will be certain blocks more full of owls than pilgrims 

Just cobble a half and half scarf together and sit where you want..lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, wakefieldowl said:

As an aside, can anyone remember PA coming to hillsborough for a night game when they had sturrock?

They brought a superb following that night considering the distance............. and deserved the win

Certainly can. David Friio tore us a new one. We made him look like Michel Platini  .

Mustoe and McLaren never got a glove on him.

4 hours ago, markg said:

Yeah I remember it. We couldn't get near them. David Frillo looking like Xavi and Iniesta combined

Christ yes! Didn’t Bournemouth do something similar the same season at Hillsborough? Also a night game? Did I imagine this I’m sure Graham Coughlan played for  Plymouth that night and was immense. Reason we ended up buying him later on maybe? I might be making this all up...🤔

1 hour ago, Jim Wonk said:

Christ yes! Didn’t Bournemouth do something similar the same season at Hillsborough? Also a night game? Did I imagine this I’m sure Graham Coughlan played for  Plymouth that night and was immense. Reason we ended up buying him later on maybe? I might be making this all up...🤔

I'd assume we got him because of the Sturrock link but yes he played.

As did future Wednesday players Peter Gilbert and Steve Adams. Hasney Aljofree was on the bench as was Sturrock's son.

https://www.11v11.com/matches/sheffield-wednesday-v-plymouth-argyle-22-october-2003-17738/

Turned up at the ticket office today - Police advice now no tickets to anyone who has not bought a ticket for Argyle before.  

I live nearby so even if I was a neutral wanting to see Argyle in a high profile game I would not be able to go or take my kids.

Someone hasn’t done their sums on this game and PAFC will be missing out on a] a larger away contingent, b] potential new support and c] welcome revenue.

Could have been a lucrative sell out if they had any idea of what they were doing….

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

Turned up at the ticket office today - Police advice now no tickets to anyone who has not bought a ticket for Argyle before.  

I live nearby so even if I was a neutral wanting to see Argyle in a high profile game I would not be able to go or take my kids.

Someone hasn’t done their sums on this game and PAFC will be missing out on a] a larger away contingent, b] potential new support and c] welcome revenue.

Could have been a lucrative sell out if they had any idea of what they were doing….

I had a sneaky feeling something like this could happen could get tricky in home areas if stewards think there could be disturbances

2 hours ago, Flat Owl said:

You checked online mate? As far as I can see there are loads left but I don't know what processes they've implemented

3 minutes ago, Stripes or die said:

3k Owls in their end? Really?

Apparently so. That's the rumours anyway it could be entirely false but there are a fair amount of Devon owls (me inclusive) who couldn't get away tickets and for obvious reasons don't have season tickets so had no alternatives and it's very rare there's any matches down these parts

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

Apparently so. That's the rumours anyway it could be entirely false but there are a fair amount of Devon owls (me inclusive) who couldn't get away tickets and for obvious reasons don't have season tickets so had no alternatives and it's very rare there's any matches down these parts

I made a flippant remark they seem to have ran with it.  

• Haha 4