Derby - 9 point deduction.

Guest hirstysfags

Guest hirstysfags

I've been talking to an DCFC academy player today. Apparently a physio there has told him that a 9 point deduction is on the cards. Obviously irrelevant at the moment to us but will be interesting to see if it's right or not.

Watch this space...

Guest mrbluesky
25 minutes ago, hirstysfags said:

I've been talking to an DCFC academy player today. Apparently a physio there has told him that a 9 point deduction is on the cards. Obviously irrelevant at the moment to us but will be interesting to see if it's right or not.

Watch this space...

Whatever the points - deduction turns out to be,  it's too late to have done any good for Wednesday last season,  this season or  the next...

It'll be applied next season,  when SWFC will be Tier 2 again,  and DCFC will be Tier 3 again.

Still,  like to see them get at least what Wednesday got,  minus the successful appeal earned by the SWFC Legal Squad.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Neon Nick said:

Whatever the points - deduction turns out to be,  it's too late to have done any good for Wednesday last season,  this season or  the next...

It'll be applied next season,  when SWFC will be Tier 2 again,  and DCFC will be Tier 3 again.

Still,  like to see them get at least what Wednesday got,  minus the successful appeal earned by the SWFC Legal Squad.  

Tier 1 and Tier 2 when did that happen?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just tells the tale of how desperate Morris was looking for a buyer, as that would remove all consequences, you can't punish a new owner for the old encumbrants failings. 

I take it that's why they're so far behind with submitting FFP /documents. 

String it out as long as possible and try get a sale to escape punishment. 

They need throwing the book at, should be a minimum of either 3 points per season for irregularities adding up or the standard 12 points everyone else seemed to be hit for. 

• Like 1

On 06/09/2021 at 13:16, shezzas left peg said:

Just tells the tale of how desperate Morris was looking for a buyer, as that would remove all consequences, you can't punish a new owner for the old encumbrants failings. 

I take it that's why they're so far behind with submitting FFP /documents. 

String it out as long as possible and try get a sale to escape punishment. 

They need throwing the book at, should be a minimum of either 3 points per season for irregularities adding up or the standard 12 points everyone else seemed to be hit for. 

Selling won’t stop the club getting a penalty, in fact the impending penalty is probably one on the stumbling block preventing a sale. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Selling won’t stop the club getting a penalty, in fact the impending penalty is probably one on the stumbling block preventing a sale. 

My feeling at the time was Derby pretended they were selling to Alonso as a patsy to stave off punishment last season,  to keep them up.  Utter b*locks of course but so is agreeing to sell to Alonso, that guy was never going to buy a football club 

Edited by Southie_Owl

3 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

My feeling at the time was Derby pretended they were selling to Alonso as a patsy to stave off punishment last season,  to keep them up.  Utter b*locks of course but so is agreeing to sell to Alonso, that guy was never going to buy a football club 

Phone Mel now, tell him you promise you have 50m in the bank and he will sell you the football club.