Soccer Aid

23 minutes ago, Willie Henderson said:

Still reeling from witnessing that Steven Mulhearn bloke making a complete and utter pratt of himself, my cringe-o-meter exploded. I wish I could unsee it, but sadly it's now forever burnt into my memory.

I think everyone on the pitch was cringing just as hard.

When he took out Darren Fletcher 🤦‍♂️ 

• Haha 1

Guest T Hardy
12 hours ago, PeteG_1984 said:

I didn’t watch it by why did Young Blud represent Rest of the World? 

He’s Donny born and bred

His mums cousins dog walkers sisters mate went to Scotland for half a day once in 1970 at a guess like most who represent countries that aren’t England that it shares a border with 

6 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Carra seems like someone who can’t cope with being retired and therefore ‘mugged off’ on the pitch. 

No mate, he’s just a characterless jerk. Personality of a Mersey ferry.

Watched about 5 minutes. A token female player on the pitch, absolutely idea who she was, whether she was an actual footballer or a "celebrity" (I had no idea who many of the other "celebs" were either) had 2 touches and they were both absolutely abysmal. Cringed and went back to the Scotland game, it was that bad. 

• Haha 1

On 05/09/2021 at 21:26, PeteG_1984 said:

I didn’t watch it by why did Young Blud represent Rest of the World? 

He’s Donny born and bred

It seemed that this year they weren’t bothered what country players came from and they were just “representing”, which I believe is street slang for “representing” the world even if they were from England.  Sven managed the England team and Redknapp managed the world eleven, which felt somewhat ironic.  

I watched the game and was very surprised at how bad the recent ex-professionals were at shooting. They could pass the ball okay,  but at times it was like flashbacks to watching Kadeem Harris. 

And yes, I must say the female players involved weren’t very good.  Massive respect for the women’s game as they have decent players, so it was unfortunate that the ones who played (I believe one was a keepie uppie youtuber type) were poor.  

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

It seemed that this year they weren’t bothered what country players came from and they were just “representing”, which I believe is street slang for “representing” the world even if they were from England.  Sven managed the England team and Redknapp managed the world eleven, which felt somewhat ironic.  

I watched the game and was very surprised at how bad the recent ex-professionals were at shooting. They could pass the ball okay,  but at times it was like flashbacks to watching Kadeem Harris. 

And yes, I must say the female players involved weren’t very good.  Massive respect for the women’s game as they have decent players, so it was unfortunate that the ones who played (I believe one was a keepie uppie youtuber type) were poor.  

One of the females in the first half was abysmal.

Chelcee Grimes, not a clue who she is, came on and actually looked half decent I thought. Turns out she only plays for a Sunday League Ladies team. Was probably the best female player on the pitch. 

The old England v Germany charity games featuring mainly ex players used to be great entertainment and actually worth watching. But this is a bit embarrasing, it's too silly. Great if your what, 10 years old, but the rest is all a bit daft and violently cringeworthy.