Jump to content

Withdrawal symptoms caused by international breaks


Recommended Posts

We play 6 or 7 games in 3 weeks then sit on our hands for 2 weeks with internationals

 

for me they should all be played at the end of the season.

 

For us what happens if BPF picks up an injury or catches Covid, he could be out for a long time so we can line the pockets of FIFA.

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We play 6 or 7 games in 3 weeks then sit on our hands for 2 weeks with internationals

 

for me they should all be played at the end of the season.

 

For us what happens if BPF picks up an injury or catches Covid, he could be out for a long time so we can line the pockets of FIFA.

 

 

 

Players need a rest at the end of the season some years, not a compressed set of qualifiers.

 

You see some players show a bit of fatigue after Euros or WC.

 

Its not a hardship fitting in international football really.

 

It is more than lining FIFA, it means a lot to players and fans of many countries.

Edited by Quickly Kevin
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Quickly Kevin said:

 

Players need a rest at the end of the season some years, not a compressed set of qualifiers.

 

You see some players show a bit of fatigue after Euros or WC.

 

Its not a hardship fitting in international football really.

 

It is more than lining FIFA, it means a lot to players and fans of many countries.

In any normal times I agree but with Covid such a big issues the moment condensing international travel to one part of the year is a better idea. Even get all the teams in one country to play the games.

 

We have had 2 very short hard seasons losing 10 weeks a season so FIFA can make some lost profits is not for me. Let's give more time for the players and more games on a Saturday instead of packing in 6 or 7 games in 3 weeks then 2 weeks of pointless friendlies

Link to comment
Share on other sites

never get them ,90% of football fans aint that interested in international football i only have a slight interest in it during finals and even then i couldn`t care less if we win or lose . the premier league hardly starts and 3 weeks on it shuts for 2 weeks repeat october and again november and again march . now we have 4 extra freezing cold/wet tuesday night games to look forward to. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

England games when it isn’t the World Cup or Euros are boring.

 

So boring. 

Because we always win. This is why you don't support Man Utd. You couldn't hack the constant winning. If we got took over and made into the next PSG it would be boring. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Because we always win. This is why you don't support Man Utd. You couldn't hack the constant winning. If we got took over and made into the next PSG it would be boring. 


It’s not just that. I just miss Saturday league football and games up and down the country. 
 

These qualifiers are never competitive whether it’s Spain or Andorra.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tried watching the match yesterday but it was so boring.

 

Games against countries like Andorra are just glorified training sessions, they are absolutely pointless.

 

I hate the international breaks when Wednesday aren’t playing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...