Alex Hunt

Not being harsh but i feel like the people who come out at the ‘top’ of our academy end up in league 2 or below. We don’t invest enough in the academy if you ask me, not compared to the scruffers anyway. And until we do, we won’t be able to produce a player that’s championship level or above, which frankly a club of our stature should be aiming towards more often than not.

Some comments from Grimsby fans on their forum:

I thought Hunt was superb. Really dictates play and got it wide early with some real quality. The winner was an absolute screamer but it was a lovely cross and header for the equaliser as well.

Hunt is fantastic, dictates the tempo, makes the right decisions and so composed on the ball. 

But even before his match-winning free kick, I was thinking Hunt had been excellent and would be my MOM. I think this lad is a touch of class. Was impressed with him last Saturday and even more so today. He plays quickly, moves the ball on quick, makes good decisions (when to lay it off first time, when to recycle, when to take a few touches), is brave with his pass selection, tries to play forward, links well with people in tight spaces, gets the ball out wide with urgency, and always wants to get on the ball. Have we only got him on loan till January? If so I can see Wednesday pulling him back in January, either for themselves, or to send him to a League Two club if we're not having a meaningful season challenging around the top end.

More in this thread, calling him the Yorkshire Iniesta: https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1630774687/

I think they quite like him. Good to see him doing well there

Edited by beswetherick
  • Like 1
  • Love 2