Shaw & Urhogide

8 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

You really went and replied to a thread that hasn't had a reply for a month to make a point.

Move on and let them get on with their careers.

Obsessive behaviour. 

Was just wondering how they were getting on and know others are interested too. Don't worry about it.

4 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I thought the move would be bad for them but I didn't think it would be this bad, they haven't even been deemed worthy of a chance yet.

But they have, not much of one admittedly. Both were picked in the squads for the early European qualifying rounds and, I think, both of them got some game time, but I could be wrong about that.

They obviously weren't bought to be first team squad players; yet. They might never make that grade but that's a chance they both would have been stupid to miss out on. 

5 minutes ago, Chilli said:

But they have, not much of one admittedly. Both were picked in the squads for the early European qualifying rounds and, I think, both of them got some game time, but I could be wrong about that.

They obviously weren't bought to be first team squad players; yet. They might never make that grade but that's a chance they both would have been stupid to miss out on. 

Neither have made their debut

• Like 1

It’s telling when Celtic are rank pish and they still can’t get near the first team squad.

I believe they have both played a game for their B squad in the Irn Bru Cup, it’s the Johnstone Paint equivalent (or whatever they call it nowadays) and Celtic B lost at home 3-1 to Scottish Championship strugglers Greenock Morton. 

• Haha 1

Guest Jack the Hat
On 16/10/2021 at 21:03, Etchesketch said:

Celtic signed Luca Connell from Bolton in 2019 on a four year contract. He had played a similar number of games to Shaw and Urhogide. Two and half years later he has to play for the first team and is on loan at Queens Park in the Scottish  lower leagues.

I’d rather play for Queens Park than Celtic. With signings like shaw and urugohide Celtic are more likely to be closing the gap on that Glasgow team than rangers.

5 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

It’s telling when Celtic are rank pish and they still can’t get near the first team squad.

I believe they have both played a game for their B squad in the Irn Bru Cup, it’s the Johnstone Paint equivalent (or whatever they call it nowadays) and Celtic B lost at home 3-1 to Scottish Championship strugglers Greenock Morton. 

Yep, both played 90 minutes in that game, doubt losing 3-1 to Grenock Morton made the first team manager think about bringing either of them into the fold anytime soon.

Shaw is no better than we have got in midfield this season but would have been in our squad and may have got game time due to the brittleness of Luongo and Hutchinson.

Urhoghide was vastly overrated by some on here. He had a couple of man of the match performances, a couple of displays where he looked like he had been picked out of the crowd to play and the rest were below par for a team that shipped goals and got relegated. 

Does strike me as odd that people aren't allowed to say players made a bad career move without being branded as obsessive.

IMO both made poor choices in joining Celtic. That's not to say they should have stayed at Wednesday but i believe there was interest from QPR for Urhoghide which would have been a better move. 

Out of both I think Shaw was naive to leave. Local boy, a team with a depleted midfield and the chance to play regular football. I think staying here (or at least at this level) would have given him better long term career prospects. I hope he gets a loan move sooner rather than later so he can pick up some experience and ignite his career. He's played less than 30 professional matches.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

Does strike me as odd that people aren't allowed to say players made a bad career move without being branded as obsessive.

It's not so much the saying they made a bad career move, which in hindsight it probably was. 

It's the ones who post every week, gloating that they didn't get in the squad and they'd be better off here.

Why don't we leave the thread silent as default when they don't play, and bring it back up when they do play?

Why so negative all the time?

When they left it seemed to be the right decision, they left quietly, with no drama, for career reasons.

I don't expect them to play yet, however I'd like to see a post or two on here when they do and be happy for them.

2 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

It's not so much the saying they made a bad career move, which in hindsight it probably was. 

It's the ones who post every week, gloating that they didn't get in the squad and they'd be better off here.

Why don't we leave the thread silent as default when they don't play, and bring it back up when they do play?

Why so negative all the time?

When they left it seemed to be the right decision, they left quietly, with no drama, for career reasons.

I don't expect them to play yet, however I'd like to see a post or two on here when they do and be happy for them.

Agree with your main sentiment re silent by default but to say they left quietly, with no drama simply isn't true!

Their departure was held up as a beacon by the usual club bashing posters with many saying we should have paid ridiculous contracts to keep bang average young players at the club.

Many, many mistakes have been made at this club over the last 6 years ........ Refusing to bow to the demands of these 2 isn't amongst them!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Agree with your main sentiment re silent by default but to say they left quietly, with no drama simply isn't true!

Their departure was held up as a beacon by the usual club bashing posters with many saying we should have paid ridiculous contracts to keep bang average young players at the club.

Many, many mistakes have been made at this club over the last 6 years ........ Refusing to bow to the demands of these 2 isn't amongst them!

The players themselves never caused any drama.

It was others. Mainly on here.

We offered a contract, they refused and left, that's how it works.

Shaw was playing to the end of the season, unlike some the year before.

I've not heard anything bad from the players or anyone round them, they were pretty cool about it in the preseason friendly. 

• Like 2