Shaw & Urhogide

Guest LondonOwl313
21 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

For those saying they’re not good enough.

The manager wanted to keep both.

I think Urhoghide would be starting at right back and we wouldn’t have signed Hunt.

Shaw would have been in the picture. Probably rotated in the midfield.

In hindsight both should have probably stayed here given the turn around under Moore. But at the time their contracts were running out, the club was seriously on its arse battling points deduction and players not being paid. Celtic came knocking and at the time it was a no brainier.

Not many people on here thought Moore or the club would do the business they’ve done. So how were these two young lads supposed to know?

Football can change quickly. And in a few months time who knows what the picture will look like for us and them. 

Lol Hunt is a far better right back than Urgohide.. as it Palmer. He’s a centre half.. I’d rather have him than Dunkley but he’s worse than Hutchinson and Iorfa. 

They should have been kept as squad players, and I’m sure if Chansiri had had his allowance through last season like he has for the last few months they would have been. 

But the situation at the time meant we didn’t make good enough offers and they chose to leave, as that was the right decision for them. From our perspective losing a couple of squad players is nothing to get upset about.. we’ve just picked up Adeniran on a free for example and he’s a similar age to Shaw but better.

Young players like these 2 are ten a penny so it’s no great loss.. and it’s hard to see them doing much at Celtic because they’re way off the level required for a title challenge in the SPL. Quite likely they fade in to obscurity so it’s no great loss. 

1 hour ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Lol Hunt is a far better right back than Urgohide.. as it Palmer. He’s a centre half.. I’d rather have him than Dunkley but he’s worse than Hutchinson and Iorfa. 

They should have been kept as squad players, and I’m sure if Chansiri had had his allowance through last season like he has for the last few months they would have been. 

But the situation at the time meant we didn’t make good enough offers and they chose to leave, as that was the right decision for them. From our perspective losing a couple of squad players is nothing to get upset about.. we’ve just picked up Adeniran on a free for example and he’s a similar age to Shaw but better.

Young players like these 2 are ten a penny so it’s no great loss.. and it’s hard to see them doing much at Celtic because they’re way off the level required for a title challenge in the SPL. Quite likely they fade in to obscurity so it’s no great loss. 

Hunt is better now, but I think Moore would have given Osaze the right back slot and let him develop there if he signed a new deal.

• Like 1

Were the low contract offers made to these two perhaps not an indication that they weren’t  as good as we potentially thought anyway? I mean, it’s not like we saw loads of Shaw in his time here, same with Urhoghide.

They had a few decent appearances but nothing groundbreaking, but did that paint enough of a picture. For all we know they could have been crap in training and Moore saw no reason to give them any higher than what they were offered.

is it just because they were young and through the academy that they’re automatically given the potential label? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Were the low contract offers made to these two perhaps not an indication that they weren’t  as good as we potentially thought anyway? I mean, it’s not like we saw loads of Shaw in his time here, same with Urhoghide.

They had a few decent appearances but nothing groundbreaking, but did that paint enough of a picture. For all we know they could have been crap in training and Moore saw no reason to give them any higher than what they were offered.

is it just because they were young and through the academy that they’re automatically given the potential label? 

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/moore-wednesday-urhoghide-shaw-exits-20988566

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, nile said:

Both made moves that will stunt there development, I don’t blame either of them for what they must have witnessed over the last 2/3 seasons.

They will both now be looking on thinking what could have been though.

Shaw more so than Urhogide was a victim of circumstances he was wanted by Lennon and signed a pre contract deal since which Lennon was sacked and obviously the new Manager hasn't used him 

Guest LondonOwl313
27 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Shaw had already signed for Celtic when Moore came in. Think the size of the contract offers must have been limited to what Chansiri could afford at the time, which wasn’t much so we low balled them. 

Something has changed last few months.. either external money or he’s had more through from family or selling other businesses because we’ve gone from not paying wages to signing 14 players

7 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Shaw had already signed for Celtic when Moore came in. Think the size of the contract offers must have been limited to what Chansiri could afford at the time, which wasn’t much so we low balled them. 

Something has changed last few months.. either external money or he’s had more through from family or selling other businesses because we’ve gone from not paying wages to signing 14 players

Probably slashed the wage bill in half, at least. Instead of signing players in the championship on £10-15k pw we’re signing £3-5k a week players 

• Like 1

Think Moore will be delighted with the players we have signed they are far and above an improvement on the Celtic two, who both left 

Guess Moore would never anticipated the quality of player we have signed when these 2 were off, sure now he is well pleased at how things have turned out 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Nut said:

Both playing for Celtic B today in the cup. Losing 2 1 to Morton at the moment. 

I'm surprised that both weren't loaned out to EFL league one clubs or other Scottish clubs. in the last window.

As you say Shaw has played games for their B team. Urhoghide has been on the bench for the first team but hasn't played a minute. Now they have signed Carter-Vickers I suspect he'll end up in the B team more.

I imagine neither would be regulars in our first eleven had they stayed, and would probably have been on the peripheries of the squad like Dele Bashiru or loaned out à la Alex Hunt.

Shaw wouldn't have got much game time ahead of Bannan, Byers, Wing, Adeniran or Luongo (if fit), and Urhoghide would be behind both Hunt and Palmer at right-back.

They were promising youngsters at Wednesday, and now they're promising youngsters at Celtic; nothing more, nothing less.

Whether or not they go on to fulfil that potential remains to be seen. I can't blame them for taking the opportunity at Celtic given what was going on at our club when they made their decisions, though.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Hardly ten a penny both were playing in our first team fairly regularly.  At a level on par with the Scottish Premier. The fact they were offered deals far and above what we were willing to pay was the deciding factor. Celtic obviously thought they were worth the investment. 

Guest LondonOwl313
10 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Hardly ten a penny both were playing in our first team fairly regularly.  At a level on par with the Scottish Premier. The fact they were offered deals far and above what we were willing to pay was the deciding factor. Celtic obviously thought they were worth the investment. 

There are loads of players as good as these 2 at academies across the country, many of which we'd have never heard of. The perfect example is Adeniran who until we were linked to, I'd not heard of. He's a cut above Shaw and plays the same position.

So the point is its nothing worth crying about as they're very easy to replace like for like. Some of our fans thought Shaw was the next Steven Gerrard but that always looked like they were watching the game with blue and white tinted glasses.

3 hours ago, BIG D said:

Celtic B. That will be amazing for their progress 

i doubt he cares he like most young footballers these days sadly only thinks about quick cash , he can drive flash cars live in a nice home and wont matter if he makes little or no progress . look at young hirst 10 grand a week for doing zero ,lives up ranmoor in flash appartment and has a flash car. shaw could have progressed better in league 1 but also might not have . cant say i was overly impressed with him and his 2 silly sendings off almost certainly cost us relegation .