Shaw & Urhogide

Let’s be honest Liam Shaw wouldn’t have featured for us this season apart from maybe the cup. 

Urghuhide would have been in the team covering Hutchinson. 

I say both probably made the right decision and took the money and long contract while it was there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

I’m slightly surprised people are still following these two in such detail. In all of the excitement of this year I’d pretty much forgotten about them to be honest. I still hope things turn out well for them. Both seemed like good lads to me and I would never wish our ex players anything other than good fortune. 
Do agree that we now have better players and if they had stayed they might have struggled to make the first team. I guess this means the move was a good idea for them as at least they are making some decent money!

I'm not surprised, as a fanbase we seem obsessed with past players IMO. They've gone now, their choice, move on. I'm very happy with the squad we've got for this league and the style of football that is evolving.

• Like 1

They’d have game time here but more money and a leading club on cv at Celtic. I’ve always felt Shaw at least could’ve stayed and developed for a year or two and who knows join a club like that as a first teamer rather than now playing in the highlands league or something. We might’ve been paid properly too. As Windass said you can leave a club too early.

Ultimately they’ve gone from breaking into a first team in the championship to playing u23 football again at a worse standard of opposition then when playing in England. What a step forward.

13 minutes ago, BIG D said:

What will the standard of opposition they are playing against be like?

I’m guessing very poor. We all saw what happened to Hirst’s career when he missed out playing. 

They will be out in loan to a championship team come January.

Let's be honest, Liam Shaw only got a chance to feature for us because of how poor of a squad we had last season... And generally how sh*te we were...

What Celtic see in him, I presume is potential over current ability (to quote Football Manager...)

• Like 2

Guest LondonOwl313
29 minutes ago, room0035 said:

They will be out in loan to a championship team come January.

Urgohide maybe but Shaw would be 6th choice centre mid at Wednesday in League 1 so what championship team is going to take him and play him

I really can't understand anyone having bad feeling towards these two young players for moving to another club. If it was you in their situation you would have done the same. If it was your son in the same position who asked you for advice you would have advised him to do the same as the two young lads did.

• Like 3

A lot of harsh words directed at them here. Shaw had quality for us and will go on to becoming a regular for Celtic I'd imagine. Urgohide was the one that stung the most as I think he'd play an important role in our season. 

At the end of last summer, our situation seemed hopeless. Cannot blame them for taking a better opportunity for better pay. 

Bannan himself seemed unsure about the direction of the club. I don't think any of our most optimistic fans saw the turnaround we've had. 

Let's leave them be and wish them well. No need to be bitter about it.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

which championship team are they going to get into?

They will end up at a QPR, or a Bristol city a team that works the loan market well. Both players showed last season they were up to the challenge of championship football.

Both would still be here if we as a club showed any value on youth. Shaw would have resigned for just £3k a week. I bet very few of our squad are on that little even this season.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, room0035 said:

They will end up at a QPR, or a Bristol city a team that works the loan market well. Both players showed last season they were up to the challenge of championship football.

Both would still be here if we as a club showed any value on youth. Shaw would have resigned for just £3k a week. I bet very few of our squad are on that little even this season.

They aren't good enough for the championship yet. The reason the likes of those two were in our team last year is the reason we got relegated 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Same people on here lauding Darren Moores signings, saying Shaw and urhoghide are not good enough, yet Moore wanted to keep them both.

Had they stayed, Shaw would be starting every week and we'd have not signed Wing or maybe Byers 

Urhoghide stays and he partners Iorfa every game.

They're both good players above league one level.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Same people on here lauding Darren Moores signings, saying Shaw and urhoghide are not good enough, yet Moore wanted to keep them both.

Had they stayed, Shaw would be starting every week and we'd have not signed Wing or maybe Byers 

Urhoghide stays and he partners Iorfa every game.

They're both good players above league one level.

Nonsense.

Urhoghide was dropped for the vital last game so that’s how Moore was thinking at the time. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BIG D said:

Nonsense.

Urhoghide was dropped for the vital last game so that’s how Moore was thinking at the time. 

Probably because Urhoghide made clear to Moore two months before that he intended to leave the club.

Why play a player who doesn’t want to be here in a relegation decider?

Had nowt to do with ability.

• Haha 1

For those saying they’re not good enough.

The manager wanted to keep both.

I think Urhoghide would be starting at right back and we wouldn’t have signed Hunt.

Shaw would have been in the picture. Probably rotated in the midfield.

In hindsight both should have probably stayed here given the turn around under Moore. But at the time their contracts were running out, the club was seriously on its arse battling points deduction and players not being paid. Celtic came knocking and at the time it was a no brainier.

Not many people on here thought Moore or the club would do the business they’ve done. So how were these two young lads supposed to know?

Football can change quickly. And in a few months time who knows what the picture will look like for us and them. 

• Like 1