Dele-Bashiru

14 hours ago, torryowl said:

unless we hit a really bad spell its hard to see how he gets into the starting eleven which is a shame for lad coz he does seem to have summat about him .......

This is the problem.... i was hoping a few like him Waldock Hagan would have gone out on loan because there not gonna get much game time.

Brennan i think has a better chance as Dunkley is a walking injury, and both Iorfa and Hutch are not adverse to it so he could get some game time.

He has come from Man City’s academy, an academy that throws money around like is going out of fashion, but also one where the players must have something about them. 

Tuesday night I was very impressed with him. He was head and shoulders above the newcastle players that were a similar age. 

as others have said, if he was one of our own I think he would have a few more people screaming for him to start. It’s going to be tough for him to break into the first team in the league but he will get plenty of chances in this cup and other cup competitions, and if he plays like he did Tuesday, he is certainly giving himself a fighting chance. 

well done, scout Att

• Like 1

I worry about FDB in terms of his intelligence during the game. For me, he has far more potential than Shaw did. He could be miles better.

He is strong, powerful and skillful. However, I don't think he reads the game very well at all or makes the right decisions often enough. To many times when he should turn and run into space, he dithers and passes it back or gets the ball caught under his feet. The game often passes him by too as he can get caught in wrong positions and for a CM he really does drift too much.

He is probably our most talented youngster in terms of his attributes, hopefully the intelligence side of things will come with experience.

Should be sent out to League 2 now on loan to learn his craft. He could be brilliant for us.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CourteenerOwl said:

I worry about FDB in terms of his intelligence during the game. For me, he has far more potential than Shaw did. He could be miles better.

He is strong, powerful and skillful. However, I don't think he reads the game very well at all or makes the right decisions often enough. To many times when he should turn and run into space, he dithers and passes it back or gets the ball caught under his feet. The game often passes him by too as he can get caught in wrong positions and for a CM he really does drift too much.

He is probably our most talented youngster in terms of his attributes, hopefully the intelligence side of things will come with experience.

Should be sent out to League 2 now on loan to learn his craft. He could be brilliant for us.

Have to agree with all of this. He certainly has some eye-catching attributes which suggest he has potential but at the moment he's not someone who would improve our more likely starting 11. He might be able to fill in if required and not look too out of place but for me he doesn't think quickly enough, doesn't move the ball quickly enough so he slows things down and gets caught in possession. Although he usually has the strength to keep hold of it, the move has already broken down. He's not much younger than Adeniran, who has a similar style but is already a first-team regular. A loan would do him good but can we afford to let him go if Luongo is so often absent. 

• Like 1