Dele-Bashiru

Hard to tell properly as others have said, because I reckon even I would have looked half-decent surrounded by the quality he was surrounded by that was just so much better than the opposition...

That said, he did look good. Tentatively I'd say he really does have the potential to break through this season and make regular appearances from the bench... IMO

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Hard to tell properly as others have said, because I reckon even I would have looked half-decent surrounded by the quality he was surrounded by that was just so much better than the opposition...

That said, he did look good. Tentatively I'd say he really does have the potential to break through this season and make regular appearances from the bench... IMO

If he does he will be a cracking player because there is a lot of talent here now. I'd fancy our current squad to do reasonably well in the Championship.. Not challenge but certainly not be as dire as we were last season.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Looked pretty good but as has been said very weak opponents. That said he is under 21 himself and looked like a man playing against children to be honest. 

I agree. I thought his short passing was excellent though. He stroked the ball around with perfect weight on each pass. Physically strong too, against players not much younger than him, although we've seen his strength last season against more seasoned pros, and he was more than a match for them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, trev said:

This is the thing....its all well and good our seasoned pros in their mid to late 20s looking good against under 21s...they are supposed to be better.

But our youngsters who are the same age as a premier league youth side also looked way better. 

That's a very very good sign.

1917889786_chucknod.gif.549f61179542e74d377f90b946f02f6b.gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, trev said:

This is the thing....its all well and good our seasoned pros in their mid to late 20s looking good against under 21s...they are supposed to be better.

But our youngsters who are the same age as a premier league youth side also looked way better. 

That's a very very good sign.

True, but replace them two youngsters with any two of there's in the same positions and put them with our other nine players and do you think they might have looked just as good. I recon so!.

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

unless we hit a really bad spell its hard to see how he gets into the starting eleven which is a shame for lad coz he does seem to have summat about him .......

agree but surely this is up to him as a person as well as a player. If he wants it enough and applies himself he will be given a chance I’m sure. 

Definitely  a player in there