Thing I will be most impressed by if Darren Moore achieves it...

Keeping all these players happy!

I can't imagine many of these players have come here to sit on the bench or the players that have come on loan that their parent club will be happy if there is a lack of involvement.

I know its a long old season and we are going to pick up knock etc but if you pick most positions its really difficult to pick the starting line up.

Great initially in terms of getting people chomping at the bit fighting for a place but are we going to see some unrest when players don't make it week after week or play a it part.

First casualty I can see is Liam Palmer... I think he had been outstanding so far this season and does not deserve dropping, but can't see him displacing Hunt and I think Marvin Johnson will move into the left back slot

• Like 5

In a season of 46 league games plus cup games I’m certain most of not all players will get their chance to make an impact. That said I would not be that surprised to see a few players leave or go back to parent clubs in Jan. it’s going to take a bit of work sorting out our starting 11 and matchday squads but once it becomes obvious which players aren’t going to quite make it then there will definitely be a few dissatisfied players. What a change to have this problem though! 

• Like 2

It’s a 46 game season and we’re going to be going out to win every game. Last night suggests we’re going to take the Pizza Cup at least somewhat seriously and an FA Cup run would be nice. If we have to settle for the play-offs, we could be looking at a near on 60 game season.

I don’t think we’ll whittle this squad down to a regular “first choice” group of 14-15 until November and December, and from there we may see one or two on the fringes of that leave in January. But I do think there will broadly be enough chances for everyone.

• Like 1

I think Moore has to start playing Johnson at left back so we have natural balance.

Just let Palmer and Hunt fight it out for RB.

I am worried we have all these great wide forward options yet he will keep playing Patterson there. Patterson shouldn't even be making the bench now. Yet I see Moore persisting with him.

Like OP said, how on earth does he keep all these players happy.

• Like 4

While wver there are 2 games each week I don't think there will be much of an issue. Next year when we are probably out of the cups and a lot of the time it's one game a week it could be. Might have to sabotage the underpitch heating so we have a late glut of games.

Moore can sort it out, that's what he's paid for. It's likely a few players just won't make the grade and might get moved on the next window either as loans or just told to find another club. It's not like we paid transfer fees.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

I think Moore has to start playing Johnson at left back so we have natural balance.

I am worried we have all these great wide forward options yet he will keep playing Patterson there. Patterson shouldn't even be making the bench now. Yet I see Moore persisting with him.

Patterson has a plaee in the match day sqaud if not starting, he's a bit like Nuhiu, he's awkward, robust and a nuisance to deal with, but with the added bonus of he will cover 3/4 different positions. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Moore knows what he is doing and the fact that Palmer and Paterson have been involved in virtually every game tells us he seems them as vital players.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

It’s a 46 game season and we’re going to be going out to win every game. Last night suggests we’re going to take the Pizza Cup at least somewhat seriously and an FA Cup run would be nice. If we have to settle for the play-offs, we could be looking at a near on 60 game season.

I don’t think we’ll whittle this squad down to a regular “first choice” group of 14-15 until November and December, and from there we may see one or two on the fringes of that leave in January. But I do think there will broadly be enough chances for everyone.

Agree with this 100%.   The entire Squad has a lot of depth,  so much so that Moore can fine-tune for the particular opponent,  injuries,  and so on.  There may not be a predictable First 11,  just depends on the opponent,  injuries,  card-suspensions...

The opposition will have a difficult time setting up,  because they'll never know who the starting lineup will be,  aside from the GK.  Everybody has their chance to show what they can do.

So far,  Moore is keeping everybody happy.  

16 hours ago, Blue_&_white_wizards said:

Keeping all these players happy!

I can't imagine many of these players have come here to sit on the bench or the players that have come on loan that their parent club will be happy if there is a lack of involvement.

I know its a long old season and we are going to pick up knock etc but if you pick most positions its really difficult to pick the starting line up.

Great initially in terms of getting people chomping at the bit fighting for a place but are we going to see some unrest when players don't make it week after week or play a it part.

First casualty I can see is Liam Palmer... I think he had been outstanding so far this season and does not deserve dropping, but can't see him displacing Hunt and I think Marvin Johnson will move into the left back slot

This would be the same Liam Palmer that has starter every game so far this season? I think that Moore really rates Palmer. Also, Moore has listed Palmer (along with Hutchinson) as a deputy captain when Bannan is not playing - that gives the impression of faith in the player. . 
TBH, you’re post feels like a bit of the old classic veiled attack on Palmer - I could be wrong but it has that feel about it. 

15 hours ago, bladeshater said:

I think Palmers the best right back at. the club

He’s the best defensive right back and Hunt is the best attacking right back IMO. If you could combine the best attributes of the two then you’d have one hell of a player. I think that he is playing left back purely because he is more adaptable than Hunt and I personally wouldn’t know who to pick if they both were competing for one place. Palmer is definitely one of the best players in the club. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Paterson and Brown playing wide forwards would suggest that Moore doesn’t yet think we have “great wide forward options”.

I hope Sow, Shodipo or Corbeanu shine, but I do wonder if we’ve acquired lots of so-so wingers rather than one or two top quality first-pick certs.

• Haha 1