Rate our summer transfer window out of 10

Well, the madness is over for now and I think we’ve had a brilliant window, far better than expected a few weeks ago. We’ve got a far more balanced squad than we’ve had for the last few years and it seems we’ve strengthened the entire team without spending any money on transfer fees. Signing Bannan, Windass and Iorfa up is excellent news as well. 

Only tiny downside is that we could’ve maybe loaned out one or two more youngsters who’ll struggle to get minutes in the league (e.g. FDB, Adedoyin, Hagan), but they’ll get some pizza cup games and maybe some minutes in the early FA Cup rounds too. 

9.5/10. Well done Wednesday, let’s go and píss the league now!

• Like 1

8/10.

Some really good signings, but for me we miss that real top end striker.

BPF, Adeniran, Byers, Johnson, Gregory all great options for this level.

Managed to see a few leave on either loans or selling.

Tied contracts down to big players like Windass and Iorfa.

• Like 1

9/10

Iorfa and Windass signing new deals is nothing short of a masterstroke by Moore. I am very keen on the additions of Adeniran, Byers, Brown, Shodipo, BPF and Wing.

Gregory, Kamberi and Hunt will all perform useful roles for us this season, if a bit less spectacular.

Sow and Corbeanu are two exciting players who give us more options down the sides.

Gibson, Berahino and Johnson are three that will have to prove their worth for me and I would've liked to see a more defensive left-sided addition.

• Like 1

8.5/10 

Some really exciting signings but we still miss that goal scorer but given the budget that was always going to be a challenge and if Windass had not got injured it may not have mattered so much but would have like a prem youngster forward.

So much better than last window though and the capture of a top quality keeper who I think would be no1 in most Championship teams is amazing, Moore has done fantastically and really dont think anyone else could have done better so should really be 10/10 but you know we expect a lot..

The difference has been I thought this season was going to be mid table then push on next season but instead we have a team that I would hope would get into the playoffs as a minimum.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I was fairly happy with Marriot, Flint, Brown etc last year so I will wait until judging. 

I think the main difference is those players were not up to scratch really for championship, bar Flint maybe who looks like he’s had a good season so far. 

It’s not just about transfers, it’s also about sorting out new contracts rather than waiting to the last 6 months to try and tie people down and it looks like we’ve learned our lessons from last year after the Shaw/Urgohide debacle. The fact we’ve managed to keep hold of Windass, Iorfa & Bannan at least in contractual terms is absolutely huge.  

Out of the 3, if we are to lose any it will be Iorfa who i can see us getting £5m plus. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that and if we are still up there after January you’d like to think they would stay and see us go back up. 

Compared to our last 6 its an 11, we have done very well and got a lot of players that could play in the championship and be competitive, we need to get some more cohesion in the final third but that will come with games.

The business of tying down Windass and Iorfa is just as good as the new signings, if we can get a ew of the youngsters to longer than 1 year deal it would also be great business, one 1 or 2 of them makes it it will either save us millions or make us millions.

For me if we can I would be trying to make one or two of the loan permanent in time also it will mean not losing half a team come the end of the season.