Calum Paterson

22 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

Hmm not sure about this but then Moore hasn't played him to his strengths, shocker of a decision to shove him back to RB in a crucial match last season when he'd primarily played in attack or central midfield (and been highly effective).

Yes a shocker among numerous decisions DM made at the tail end of last season. But highly effective?
If he is being despatched, I just wonder how he got picked so much in all kinds of positions when it turned out he was expendable. He was so obviously  a struggler however hard he tried. He got the odd goal but of course we were low scorers and only had Rhodes as a striker. Maybe he has a big voice as well as a big heart. Could never believe how Monk paid an actual fee for him. Didn’t an unkind poster on here say it looked as if he was pulling a tractor when he ran? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, meggoisgod said:

I'd be disappointed if he leaves, character and strength in abundance

Agree.

I will be surprised too as he is a decent defensive marker for a forward we are getting to be quite a small team. Headers from corners count the same as worldies.

8 minutes ago, victorturner said:

But highly effective?

Yes in a number of games especially in midfield he was very effective, then in a really crucial game he's suddenly at RB a position he hasn't played in yonks.

7 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

I'd be disappointed if he leaves, character and strength in abundance

I somewhat agree with this. He offers something different. Last game, he dropped in at RB when Bannan and Hunt pushed forward and wide. He's a genuinely useful guy that gives 100%, offers a different outlet and option and even chips in with the odd goal.

That said, maybe pragmatically it would be good for the budget... and hard to knock him wanting to play for Hearts to get back in the Scotland squad.

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, No Uniform said:

Busy night for him then!

If he's going I don't think we'd risk playing him in a meaningless game on transfer deadline day