TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY

1 hour ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

easy for folks to say that tho isn't it,Moore wants/gets him,that'll do for me.

Didn't he go on strike at one point becouse he wanted to move clubs??. 

For me it depends on wages, bazza and a few of the others already here will be still basically on championship wages, so it's a matter of how much he'd want compared to how much we'd be able to pay. He's also hardly been on it the last few seasons too. 

16 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Over 30 years ago, an Area Manager of mine (who I didn't really like) said to me: "in business, never give someone a second chance - they'll let you down". As a young manager, I thought that was a terrible outlook to have, so ignored him. Sadly, that Area Manager was right - I've been let down in business on every occasion I've given someone a second chance.

I would disagree. If that person genuinely knows they fookedup and appreciates you are giving an opportunity to put it right, you can end up with a really good person on your books. It’s the genuinely knows bit that’s important. Got the impression with Morrison he was saying one one thing but DM was not convinced. I would love to know the relationship between Moore and berahino. It may tell us more.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Whatever happened to being given a second chance,not specifically aimed at you,but fans dismiss players quite quickly with regards to "off field" issues,if his "questionable" attitude rears its head,i've every confidence Moore would bin him off.

Problem is its not that easy as just binning him off, as we've seen its hard to get rid of someone on a big wage who's still  under contract.. 

We've done some good cost effective recruitment this year. Its the fear it could end up being another J Rhodes milestone draining big wages if it fails. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Another ex England international is also looking for work, he is currently 31 (birthday tomorrow) has played for Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool and has nearly 70 premier league goals in 200 appearance and 8 in 26 at full international level with England, but like Sadio he can issues off the field, he receive a 4 month footballing ban for betting last March 2020 and has not played since so is a little rusty. he also has been known to have a few injuries so will fit in well with us.

Though I am not sure Daniel Sturridge will come for the salaries we would likely pay. lol 

Uses same agent as Moore / is Moores agent

34 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Problem is its not that easy as just binning him off, as we've seen its hard to get rid of someone on a big wage who's still  under contract.. 

We've done some good cost effective recruitment this year. Its the fear it could end up being another J Rhodes milestone draining big wages if it fails. 

we don't pay big wages anymore,we can't.

3 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Who you dropping to play them? 

Cos PL would expect them to play week in week out, not if we have injuries. 

Hutch or Iorfa, who have both just signed new contracts

Gregory or Windass?  Again Windass just signed a new contract, and we also have Kamberi and Paterson 

I'd happily drop Paterson from the strike force.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Whatever happened to being given a second chance,not specifically aimed at you,but fans dismiss players quite quickly with regards to "off field" issues,if his "questionable" attitude rears its head,i've every confidence Moore would bin him off.

How many DD convictions has he had?

More than one,  this might be his 5th or 6th chance with all the other screw ups.

I'm OK with it if Moore is, I just think we need to be realistic, this isn't someone who's slipped up once, he's a repeat offender.

1 minute ago, prowl said:

More than one,  this might be his 5th or 6th chance with all the other screw ups.

I'm OK with it if Moore is, I just think we need to be realistic, this isn't someone who's slipped up once, he's a repeat offender.

"I'm OK with it if Moore is" the only bit that matters.

25 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Bit of an odd one this. Been linked for a while, Portsmouth fans want him gone.  

I've not read the full report. Just seen the headline when I searched his name after seeing it on Dom Howson's Q&A. Apparently us and Plymouth in for him.

1 hour ago, prowl said:

Exactly. 

He’s been caught on 3 occasions drink driving and once drug driving. These are just the times he’s been caught. He’s then been accused by water aid of not donating monies raised for their charity.

Im sorry, he can score as many goals as he wants but I’ve no time for people like this. 

• Like 3

Just now, northeastowl said:

Exactly. 

He’s been caught on 3 occasions drink driving and once drug driving. These are just the times he’s been caught. He’s then been accused by water aid of not donating monies raised for their charity.

Im sorry, he can score as many goals as he wants but I’ve no time for people like this. 

And before anyone starts, no I’m not a do gooder and people do deserve second chances but this lad has taken the ********. Could have injured/killed people with his actions. 

18 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Exactly. 

I completely agree. Amd I really dont want SWFC being associated with people/players such as this. 

We are supposed to be a family/community club, and this sends out completely the wrong signal, IMO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, steelerian said:

I completely agree. Amd I really dont want SWFC being associated with people/players such as this. 

We are supposed to be a family/community club, and this sends out completely the wrong signal, IMO.

Come on guys. If we are a community club surely rehabilitation is something we should be behind? People do bad things, they get punished and then they have to rehabilitate. I don’t want to get too preachy about stuff but I’ve employed ex convicts on multiple occasions. You can’t write someone off because they have done bad things in the past! 

• Like 6