TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY

1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Ya not trusting Moore on this then ?

I guess Moore knows him well from West Brom so maybe he’s the best person to get something out of him again. Lots of red flags though, like numerous drink driving offences, going years without scoring a goal, his time at Stoke… we need the squad to pull together to go up this season and you just wonder what kind of impact his questionable attitude might have. Was an exciting player back at WBA though

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Ya not trusting Moore on this then ?

No reason not to TBH. Maybe Berahijo's best days were when he was with Moore before and he can rekindle his career with us.

Like all transfers it can go one of two ways, but we need to trust in DM. Would be a big gamble though IMHO.

2 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

No reason not to TBH. Maybe Berahijo's best days were when he was with Moore before and he can rekindle his career with us.

Like all transfers it can go one of two ways, but we need to trust in DM. Would be a big gamble though IMHO.

Proven Prem performer before he went a bit daft - if he screws the nut and buys into the squad ethos as everyone else seems to have we have a good player on our hands

1 minute ago, beswetherick said:

I guess Moore knows him well from West Brom so maybe he’s the best person to get something out of him again. Lots of red flags though, like numerous drink driving offences, going years without scoring a goal, his time at Stoke… we need the squad to pull together to go up this season and you just wonder what kind of impact his questionable attitude might have. Was an exciting player back at WBA though

Whatever happened to being given a second chance,not specifically aimed at you,but fans dismiss players quite quickly with regards to "off field" issues,if his "questionable" attitude rears its head,i've every confidence Moore would bin him off.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Saido Berahino

Thought he was older than 28. Career has tailed off a bit, but has the attributes to be a  good signing in L1. Sure Moore will know him well from his time at WBA. 

On a free transfer, not unhappy if he signs. Also a bonus that he's been playing for his current club, so should be match fit and ready to go. 

43 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Personally don't think it's realistic to have 2 players of Palmer and Hunts quality and experience competing for 1 place in league 1, and fresh out of an embargo. 

Both need to be playing more games then they miss at this level. 

I think we're OK unless Paterson moves on, but could see a couple of January additions depending on what the season brings 

Fair points and there lies the conundrum of having a large squad full of players with expectations to play but I do think we lack a bit of balance in the left. 

3 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

From what I can see he hasn’t played for a year. Might take a while to get fit.

His attitude is shocking along with his drink driving convictions.

Unless he’s coming for nowt it’s a no from me. 

He has undoubted ability but his private life has affected his on football life.

If he comes in knuckles down and works then give a go but it has to be made very clear if any of the off field issues arise then he is finished at the club. 

I would also pay for a Chauffeur drive car for him, then he has no need to drink and drive.  

6 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Whatever happened to being given a second chance,not specifically aimed at you,but fans dismiss players quite quickly with regards to "off field" issues,if his "questionable" attitude rears its head,i've every confidence Moore would bin him off.

Yeah I know what you’re saying, and most fans won’t care what he’s like off the pitch if he’s doing the business on it. 

I take a very dim view of drink driving though, especially someone who’s been arrested 3 times for it when they can easily afford a taxi or even their own chauffeur. 

If Moore can get his head right (and make sure he’s always got a D Taxi on hand) then he could be a handy player at this level if he can rediscover his early career form. It’s a big gamble on our part but I think we’ve got to trust the big man and hope for the best

• Like 1

Another ex England international is also looking for work, he is currently 31 (birthday tomorrow) has played for Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool and has nearly 70 premier league goals in 200 appearance and 8 in 26 at full international level with England, but like Sadio he can issues off the field, he receive a 4 month footballing ban for betting last March 2020 and has not played since so is a little rusty. he also has been known to have a few injuries so will fit in well with us.

Though I am not sure Daniel Sturridge will come for the salaries we would likely pay. lol 

52 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Over 30 years ago, an Area Manager of mine (who I didn't really like) said to me: "in business, never give someone a second chance - they'll let you down". As a young manager, I thought that was a terrible outlook to have, so ignored him. Sadly, that Area Manager was right - I've been let down in business on every occasion I've given someone a second chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

Surprised there's still a clamour for a striker. Gregory has done OK so far (should have bagged at Morecombe, but these things happen) and there's Kamberi and Pato in reserve.. Windass still to come back from injury who might be the best of the bunch.. Theo can apparently play there.. 

Not seen enough of the supporting cast yet either. I still think we've not seen our best front 3 play yet and that's with what we've already got.

Not expecting any business today tbh, but I'd like a genuine holding midfielder in if Luongo is going to be out for months. 

I agree and really don't want to see Hutch's dodgy knees anywhere near dm, well unless he gets an opportunity to sride out from cb with the ball. lol