TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY

Guest 1banana2banana

All this talk of a forward etc… we’ve got windlass coming back at some point in the next 4/6 weeks haven’t we?

Surprised there's still a clamour for a striker. Gregory has done OK so far (should have bagged at Morecombe, but these things happen) and there's Kamberi and Pato in reserve.. Windass still to come back from injury who might be the best of the bunch.. Theo can apparently play there.. 

Not seen enough of the supporting cast yet either. I still think we've not seen our best front 3 play yet and that's with what we've already got.

Not expecting any business today tbh, but I'd like a genuine holding midfielder in if Luongo is going to be out for months. 

• Like 1

Bit like Ravel Morrison and Nile Ranger.

Although...tbf he has actually been good before. Rather than purely "potential".

If he's cheap enough and is willing to play by the rules and work hard he would surely be one of the best players in league one.

Personal life

Berahino supports Manchester United. He is a Christian and regularly studies the Bible with his mother.[5]

In April 2014, Berahino apologised to West Bromwich Albion after videos of him inhaling nitrous oxide for recreational purposes were discovered by the media. He confessed that "This was very poor judgement on my part and not the right example to be setting. At the time, I wasn't fully aware of the serious health risks involved but now I know, I won't be doing it again". However, Berahino denied allegations that he drove 120 miles under the influence of the substance.[119]

In April 2015, Berahino set up his own charity foundation to help WaterAid improve the lives of disadvantaged people in Britain and abroad. He stated "Having grown up in Burundi, I know only too well the devastating impact the lack of access to clean water or sanitation can have on families". His manager Pulis said that "His story is an inspiring one and this shows what I have been saying for several months now about his attitude and his growing maturity".[120] In April 2017 Berahino denied a claim that his foundation failed to donate money "promised" to WaterAid.[121][122]

Legal history

In 2012, Berahino was convicted of being drunk in charge of a vehicle.[87]

On 22 October 2014, Berahino was arrested on the M6 near Lymm, Cheshire, on suspicion of drink driving.[123] He was charged with the offence in January 2015,[124] and admitted to it before North Cheshire Magistrates in Runcorn, who gave him a 12-month driving ban and a fine of £3,400.[125]

Berahino was arrested in the early hours of 18 February 2019 in central London and charged with drink driving.[126][127] On 15 May he was found guilty of drinking and driving at Highbury Magistrates' Court and fined £75,000 and banned from driving for 30 months.[87] The court heard that Berahino had been robbed of his jewellery before his arrest, but held it was not a necessity for him to be driving as his partner was at the wheel beforehand.[87]