TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY

Fine as we are for me.

plenty of attacking options in the team. Don’t see the need for another striker as some have suggested. Looking forward to seeing what Sow is about too. 

I’m sure DM will have targets and if one becomes available we may get another player in but we have done our business early so none of the last day barrel scraping that we are used to.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

I'd like another out and out center forward. We only really have Gregory is fits the criteria. The other forwards are more wide attackers or forwards that come really deep for the ball.

Kamberi is neither of those things 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Hootsman said:

I don't expect us to sign anybody.  We've had the best transfer window for years and are not in desperate need for players in any position.  A 20+ goals a season striker would be nice, but everybody wants one of those and I don't realistically see where we are going to find one.  We might be better off seeing how this team continues to gel and then reassessing in January.  

This.

Yeah would love a striker who can score, but without paying how we gonna get one of those ??

Go with what we have and asses in January. Id like us to get a few out tho, Hagan Waldock Dele-Bashuru Adenoryn etc... and if we could move on Paterson that would be nice.

4 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

What would you say he is? I'm not sure.

Plays on the last man shoulder a fair bit and will run in behind the more he plays and gets used to the team. 

Windass will offer the feet and between the lines option and Gregory as the battering ram. 

We don't need another CF as things stand, I'd rather Adedoyin is sued assuming he doesn't get a loan move 

• Haha 1

Just now, fudge27 said:

Plays on the last man shoulder a fair bit and will run in behind the more he plays and gets used to the team. 

Windass will offer the feet and between the lines option and Gregory as the battering ram. 

We don't need another CF as things stand, I'd rather Adedoyin is sued assuming he doesn't get a loan move 

Kamberi is a CF, a number 9. 

If we were to sign another striker it would have to be a 20 goal a season man but how are we gonna get one of them with no money ???

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Ok. I respect you as a serious poster and not a WUM, so I don’t want to do the “********-for-tat” thing. Of those two things I mentioned, what don’t you agree with? Can you elaborate please? 

We play 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 buying another striker is a non starter for that alone. 

Given that as stated a decent goalscorer would also cost money, which we are unable to spend, and that we have Windass to come back then its a no goer. 

For left back, we have Palmer who at this level is one of the top 5 in the league, then Brown is primarily a LB and Johnson can do a job there, as can Gibson. 

If you have too many players keeping them all happy ais a challenge and you run the risk of creating 'bomb swuads' in the coming windows which is never a good place to be and leads to the cycle we have had to wait 4 years to break