Wednesday - V- Newcastle kids - Papa Johns wotsit - OMDT

15 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Did anyone count the Newcastle fans? lol

We was sat at kop end of South stand and they looked about 20 of them. 

Mums and dads and grannies and grandads I imagine.

All their subs were applauded off.

I think it was a good night to take young kids. Nice atmosphere.

Really enjoyed the game tonight. There was so much movement and freedom for the new lads to get a good run out. Lets hope we can keep the run going and keep the squad fresh and fit for the league games. The team worked hard tonight and hopefully we can use these games to get the strikers working together, fully match fit and scoring goals. I've no idea how good any of the Newcastle players are, because we played very well and they did not offer much of a threat, but you still have to win these games. We had some raw talent on show tonight with Theo and Sow definitely needing a few more games to really get going, but when they do, this could be a very entertaining season.

UTO!

• Like 1

Bit of a weird game tonight. As a spectacle it was a total non-event in the sense that excluding the GK Newcastle must have had a combined total of about 2 minutes on the ball. I get that it gives the young lads game time but is there much more benefit to them than that? Honestly no idea what the evidence suggests but as a spectator tonight it just seemed pointless on their part. 

Anyway, we did our job and passed it around well. Onwards and upwards to Plymouth. 

John on iFollow was discussing how many times their coach had been fired and wasn't very good. 

Sure hope Chansiri wasn't listening.. he would be the front runner if we are in the market for a manager again.

That youngster Langley played great in goal.  Couple of great saves and not really at fault for any of the goals.  

9 hours ago, Jim said:

Personally I think eventually we’ll end up

playing an exciting brand of football. We just have to give it time.

Agree.  At present it is by no means perfect and at times we seem a little disjointed.  I’m not predicting we are going to storm the league this season but I have seen enough to know we are on the right track.  

At times our football has been very good and entertaining.  We need an end product and hopefully with the new signings and attacking players we have we will just get better.

3 hours ago, Whitecap Owl said:

John on iFollow was discussing how many times their coach had been fired and wasn't very good. 

Sure hope Chansiri wasn't listening.. he would be the front runner if we are in the market for a manager again.

That youngster Langley played great in goal.  Couple of great saves and not really at fault for any of the goals.  

Some good saves but thought his distribution was very poor. Several times just kicked it out of play. Also dropped a routine catch which almost ended in a goal. 

Thought the game was a very worthwhile exercise in the end, particularly in light of the fact that the Sunderland game is off.

It gave DM the opportunity to experiment and blood some new faces and give them valuable game time.

Having strength in depth is a big asset for this competition.

It was nice to have a look at Sow & Corbeanu.

Everyone gave a good account of themselves, but I personally thought that Palmer, Wing, Adeniran, Johnson and Brennan were all outstanding.

The latter has real potential.

We definitely have good options in all areas and DM is building something special here.

UTO!😂👍