Wednesday - V- Newcastle kids - Papa Johns wotsit - OMDT

4 minutes ago, BadBoy1762 said:

Massive diffrence in class tonight vs Newcastle u21 - old cliche but it really was men v boys out there. We never let the youngsters settle on the ball and we won every battle. Wot a breath of fresh air it is watching this team compared to last season 🤮 .Wing absolutely ran the show in midfield spreading play around and bossing everything, him and Byers looks so calm and collective on the ball great signings and Iorfa is just a beast we really lucky to keep hold of him this year 💪💙🤍🦉

played with intent, everyone playing for a place in the starting line up, really uplifting after what we have been used to, agree, a breath of fresh air.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BadBoy1762 said:

Massive diffrence in class tonight vs Newcastle u21 - old cliche but it really was men v boys out there. We never let the youngsters settle on the ball and we won every battle. Wot a breath of fresh air it is watching this team compared to last season 🤮 .Wing absolutely ran the show in midfield spreading play around and bossing everything, him and Byers looks so calm and collective on the ball great signings and Iorfa is just a beast we really lucky to keep hold of him this year 💪💙🤍🦉

One of most one sided games I've ever watched. 

I've not seen match stats but we must have had about 20 attempts on goal and about 80% possession. 

Palmer my MOM, great finish for his goal. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Marro said:

Good result tonight.  Whoever the opposition is doesn’t really matter, the team needs to gel and a win is a win.  We move on with positivity!

Personally I think eventually we’ll end up

playing an exciting brand of football. We just have to give it time.

Just got back.

Almost felt sorry for the Newcastle lads, there keeper was time wasting most of the game to try and keep the score down. 

Is this really benefiting there development? I’m not sure.

Very professional performance from us though. 

Sow and Corbeanu looked decent, but also look like there still a bit away from starting regular games for us. 

I was a bit dissapointed with Kamberi. He couldn’t get into the game at all. I’ve got a feeling he’ll be the new Nuhui.

Professional job done could have been any number we wanted.  Men against boys and does highlight the big step up from academy to first team. Thought Sow looked lively and impressed with him. Dele and Brennan both played well. As did Corbeanu who will be a big assest once he gets fully fit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bradowl said:

Did anyone count the Newcastle fans? lol

We was sat at kop end of South stand and they looked about 20 of them. 

To watch their academy team

Really?

I won't tell you how many fans i've seen watch our u23,s at away games then