Wednesday - V- Newcastle kids - Papa Johns wotsit - OMDT

FT 3-0

Get in.  Happy with the result and performance.

Plenty of positives from the game.  A dominant performance from the players,.  

Palmer was outstanding, unlucky not to get that second goal. My MoM for the game.  Brennan played very well in defense, calm and assured on the ball.

Johnson, is getting better and better.  Lovely well taken goal that hits the inside of the post and goes in.  

Lewis Wing, probably his best game for us to date, great passing ability and always looked to make something happen.  

Corbeanu out on the right, very impressed with the young lad, he will be a real handful for a lot of full backs this season.  Sylla Sow, an impressive debut and goal.  

All in all, I think Darren Moore was spot on with his tactics tonight.  

Attacking wise we have lacked composure in front of goal, tonight was a significant improvement.  

Surprised we managed to get Berahino in.  Moore knows him well, and will be the key to unlocking that talent.  

Have a nice evening all,

Onwards and upwards

UTO!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

A point 

A draw gives both teams one point. The winner of the penalty shootout gets a bonus point. 

What fun!

For the love of God. So draws aren't allowed? What next. 4 quarters?

FML!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike Hunt said:

Really, he is miles off IMO , has something about him but he is nowhere near the finished article 

I don't know how you can tell that after one game against quite poor opponents?

He's direct with his running to the point of being quite one dimensional, but if he's as efficable against "better" opposition than the fullback he was against today, he's going to pen most left backs back and create space for others.

I think it's either very brave or very foolish to be so definitive after a decent enough 90 minutes like that 

• Like 3